Recent Forum Topics
- Hikvision Blocked By Trump\'s Stupid Pen? Listed by Richard
- Has anyone else been offered the Windows 10 May 2019 Update ? by Boris
- Following the Money……… by The VFM Addict
- BoJo's Tory Leadership Chances boosted by Labour Supporters by The VFM Addict
- Hunter-Gather or More Industrialised Farmer Lifestyle by Richard
- Gah – best stick with Synology! by Drezha
- DIY PC case by tadka
- Cup Final – in 4K on BBC iPlayer by blacklion1725
- HDD light by keith with the teef
- Tory Leadership Candidates prepare to woo their colleagues………. by The VFM Addict
- SumUp card reader by PlaneMan
- Gran knew it first! by Bob Williams
- Use or scrap? by Les.
Boris replied to the topic Has anyone else been offered the Windows 10 May 2019 Update ? in the forum Windows Talk 4 hours, 15 minutes ago
It has now installed using the normal download/install method. It took about 3 hours – I’m only on 12mb broadband – (this was an i3-3220 with 8GB DDR3 and a spinner) so an SSD would be faster.
It all seems to work OK (hopefully).
It now creates a Windows.old folder (with the old version) so the C drive grew from 20GB to 40GB during the processs.
Wheels-Of-Fire replied to the topic Has anyone else been offered the Windows 10 May 2019 Update ? in the forum Windows Talk 4 hours, 30 minutes ago
Not sure it would. If this is one of their major feature updates that actually does a reinstall.
Your Windows drive will always get C and D is strongly preferred for optical drives but anything else is fair game for reassignment during an upgrade install. Especially if you used Disk Management to change the default letters.
You may find the PC…[Read more]
It’s not a Huawei type deal, I can’t see it having much effect. Looks like they are going after Dahua as well. They will just source everything locally, Trump will not gain anything.
This is all American jealousy, they have been left behind by their own inability to innovate. Most of the IP camera patents are held by the Chinese as the Americans…[Read more]
I don’t disagree, Duke, that the situation is bonkers for both sides.
I imagine the EU will want rid of all Brexit Party MEPs as quickly as is possible. So my guess, if there are as many of them as the polls suggest there might be, there’s no chance of any extension being granted past 31 October.
One of the many bits fall out from the obnoxious White House git’s actions appears to be a hit on Hikvision. I am sure Dave and just about every other professional will have a very clear understanding of the development. They are a very major part of very many businesses’ protection efforts.
- Load More