Forumite

Reply To: Smart meter communications

Participant
Bob Williams
@bullstuff2
Forumite Points: 13,458

You are having a rough time with EDF Graham, but I believe that might be because you aren’t on a DD of some nature. That’s what the suppliers all like, they want to know there is a regular payment plan in operation: causes them less work. Fortunately I was able to set it all up, choose the best Paperless option and carry on with a monthly DD at a set fixed amount. Then keep checking the website and my payments, to make sure they don’t try to increase it. EDF were always doing that, but I got to the point of using their Chatline to say NO I will not pay that, but I might pay this. If you don’t like it, I will switch to another supplier. They don’t like losing Regulars. I will do that with Shell when and if they use the same tactics.

Just one thing about Shell: if anyone does use them, do not use their Broadband. I have a mate who does and he is stuck with a contract he hates, with crap customer service. Which is a bit surprising, as I have found the Energy CS to be very good. As ever, we can vote with our feet, if the contract penalties allow it!

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
I'm out.