Forumite

10\" Windows 10 Fusion5 WiFi Driver

HOME Forums Tech Windows Talk 10\" Windows 10 Fusion5 WiFi Driver

This topic contains 27 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by johnbarry 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

10″ Windows 10 Fusion5 WiFi Driver

I have had to re install Windows 10 Home on a 10″ Windows 10 Fusion5 Ultra Slim Windows Tablet PC- (4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)

I have no touchpad – Keyboard etc, I do have 23 conflicts in device manager.

The main 1 for now is a WiFi driver, I have searched the internet, most offer links for driver updater/s I have tried a few they all want to access the internet. I have snappy driver and it wants to access the internet.

I get no further as I need a driver to access the internet.

Where Do You Go To

Cheers
    John

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 2,412

Sorted, after having a brain wave.

Maybe remove this thread (wasting space)

Cheers
    John

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 2,438

Rather than removing the thread, put the solution in for anyone else who might have the same problem in the future 🙂

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

Only part solution

I sat here thinking I could try a wifi dongle (to at least connect to the net & update) this worked.

Sadly Windows update only fixed 15 conflicts. It seems I still have 8 conflicts, no touch pad / keyboard / onboard wifi and ? unknown, these can’t be updated as unknown.

Cheers
    John

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 4,562

John I had a look at your tablet ports and it’s mini USB 3, same as most phones are now. I have the mini USB 2 version of this flash drive:

https://tinyurl.com/y559cfvc

Which ought to enable you to look for the drivers on your PC or laptop, then copy them via USB to your tablet. Unfortunately I also found this link, which has some advice you will not like concerning the effect of a recent Windows 10 update.

https://tinyurl.com/y23frtpk

If it’s still under warranty, you might be able to return it for either refund or repair, but from the looks of my second link, the manufacturer does seem aware of the issue and is not helpful. If you bought it from Amazon or Ebay and it is still under warranty, I would advise requesting a refund. It looks like Win 10 updates break it. Sorry!

EDIT: Found the website and you can download the User Manual in PDF, which might help:

https://tinyurl.com/y48kyxae

This is the F5 CS website:    https://tinyurl.com/y5zpkh22

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

Thanks Bob

I checked your links, to find it’s a major prob.

I have never not known a manufacturer web not having drivers. I joined Fusion 5 it’s ok if you want to purchase something.

It was from Amazon, I have contacted the seller about drivers, I await a reply.
    Some one must have drivers for it as they worked from new.

The USB is a standard port (not mini) I had snappy driver on USB and run it, it kept going over and over and finally said
    due to a virus.

I deleted it from the USB and dl a fresh version of Snappy Driver yet to try it. I am waiting till Win Ups Finishes
    then try snappy.

Thanks for the links (much appreciated)

Cheers
    John

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 2,682

You may get somewhere by searching for your unknown devices by their device ID.

To find the ID open device manager and right click on an unknown device and choose properties. Open the details tab and then select hardware IDs from the properties drop down list.

Every plug and play device (all of them these days) must have an ID and Googling should find the manufacturer and device type at least ?

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

Thanks Graham

I will give it a go.

Cheers
    John

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley

If there is more than 1 ID then Google the top one first.

The IDs are long alpha numeric strings and as an example here is the ID for the Realtek network chip in my Mum’s PC.

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_368D17AA.

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley

If anyone is interested (it could be just me ?) the device ID splits down into Bus type, Vendor, Device type and model number with a possible subtype after that.

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

That’ll help thanks Graham

Can’t get at it at the mo, updating to 1809 then others including 1903.

I just coppied the link in other thread (ricedg gave) ready for 1903

Cheers
    John

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 4,562

You’re welcome John.

Graham, that’s not just you, I should have known that too, used it before.

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 6,379

Graham gave you the best advice. Often there will be chipset drivers even where the OEM cant be bothered. Broadcom for example are usually pretty good at supplying device drivers.

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

I had a peak in device manager/unknown/prpoerties and found this sereial io 12c es controller

I put it in a search and ended up scanning with Itel 1 update installing?

I will check all laters

Cheers
    John

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

cheers Ed (we had overflow)

Cheers
    John

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

I dl and installed sereial io 12c es controller, I got excited and went beck to the other (now) 5  conflicts.

They all are the same sereial io 12c es controller? + the unknown conflict I did is still unkown conflict?

Cheers
    John

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 6,379

Make certain you install drivers as a full Administrator. (i.e select an Administrator account when you boot). Promoting a User to Administrator frequently results in bad driver installs.

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley

If the Intel serial I/O device isnt working then anything attached to it will not be recognised, it will just show up as being attached to the serial I/O device with its identity a mystery.

Once the serial I/O device is working then Windows may find drivers for all the devices connected to it.

In technical terms the serial I/O device is a bus controller and it is responsible for enumerating all the plug and play devices attatched to it.

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley

In even more tedious detail, once a bus controller has enumerated all its attached devices it passes the list on to the Windows plug and play manager which cofigures them to use available system resourses  and loads their drivers.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!
close-image