Forumite

A4 to A3 working in Libre Office Draw.

HOME Forums Tech Linux Talk A4 to A3 working in Libre Office Draw.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Dave Rice 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Les.
    Participant
    @oldles

I have recently drawn some plans using draw with a 1:50 scale, working in A4. I now have a very good A3  HP 7500A  office jet PSC, and I need to redraw some of these with larger area and want to be able to get the larger area drawing again at 1:50, and to print out in true 1:50 size on the printer.

Since DRAW can be enlarged many times, it would seem that I should work at 1:100, then print to fit A3 thereby giving me an A3 sized 1:50 output.

Is it that easy? The “page size” of draw seems to be fixed (at a notional A4 I suppose) but if I could tell it it was A3, then I could just work at 1:50 and print directly ion A3.

I don’t want to spend hours overthinking this, AND get it wrong, maybe somebody can put me on a simple “correct” path.

Les

• This topic was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by Les.. Reason: sp + improvement of meaning
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 5,284

A4 page at (21 x 29.7) cm is 623.7 square cm in area.

A3 page is (29.7 x 42) cm is 1247.4 sq. cm in area. That is exactly twice the area of an A3 page, but remember Les that is with both A4 and A3 in Portrait mode. I cannot see a reason why a ratio of 1:50 would not work, or rather a ratio of 1:2 (A3:A4) as long as both pages were worked and printed in either Landscape or Portrait, together.

Could anyone else point to an error in that concept?

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 3,850

I can’t see why that wouldn’t work as you’ll basically be doubling the length of a given line.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!