Tech Windows Talk Adobe Digital Editions slow to load

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Richard 3 weeks, 2 days ago. This post has been viewed 75 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jukebox
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20
    • @jukebox
      Forumite Coins: 52

I’ve always thought Windows to be a pretty good system. However W10 is starting to get right up my nose! I have 2 PCs, a desktop and a laptop, and every time W10 does a major update there is an issue on one or other of them (rarely the same issue on both!). I’ve had printers uninstalled, Ccleaner uninstalled and start-up shortcuts deleted to name a few. Since the latest update (16299.192), Adobe Digital Editions is taking up to 2 minutes to load! Whilst looking at task manager, clicking the Adobe shortcut immediately opens Digital Editions as a background process but it’s ages before it becomes an application. I’ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling but no improvement. There are no speed issues with any other applications.  Any ideas?

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Jukebox.

Richard
    Participant
    • Total Posts 679
    • @sawboman
      Forumite Coins: 270

The package has some rather ‘lumpy’ reviews, that said I do not know much more.

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 215
    • @grahamdearsley
      Forumite Coins: 72

My best guess is that the adobe baground process is looking to connect to something before timing out. Could it be looking for an e-reader ?

I know you have done an uninstall/reinstall but Adobe products have a nasty habit of leaving config files and registry settings behind.

Ed P
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1363
    • @edps

You are not alone in complaining. Best guess is that it is just a carp program. Google on ‘Adobe digital editions slow’. This is typical.

Richard
    Participant
    • Total Posts 679
    • @sawboman

The internet suggests ‘slow’ is not the only issue from which it suffers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members Currently Active: 3
Sawboman, JayCeeDee, tina10
Keymaster | Moderator | Participant | Spectator | Blocked
Additional Forum Statistics
Threads: 983, Posts: 12,319, Members: 136
Welcome to our newest member, neucarepamphgesp
Most users ever online was 11 on June 5, 2017 1:36 pm