amazon fire stick

HOME Forums Tech Other Tech amazon fire stick

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    johnbarry
    @johnbarry

i am posting this on my tv, using the stick. tisa a bit tricky with on screen keyboard. tips and pointers welcome in all aspects of the fire stick.

It's said to be easy when you know how. If you don't know how, then you need the help of forumites.

Cheers
    John

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    blacklion1725
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 3,338

You can get the Fire App on your phone John – makes typing/input a lot easier.

Participant
    Wheels-Of-Fire
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 5,358
    Participant
    blacklion1725
    @blacklion1725

Only issue with wireless keyboards is they need to use a usb dongle via OTG, and since the usb on the fire is also the power input this means another device is needed like a usb hub. It is a common niggle on all the sticks (Roku, NowTV too).

Participant
    Wheels-Of-Fire
    @grahamdearsley

Well I haven’t got a fire stick because I have a smart TV but my link says it has built in bluetooth, why would it need an extra dongle ?

Participant
    Wheels-Of-Fire
    @grahamdearsley

If you have an old model without bluetooth then a new 4K HDR fire TV stick is £30 from Argos 😁

Participant
    blacklion1725
    @blacklion1725

Well I haven’t got a fire stick because I have a smart TV but my link says it has built in bluetooth, why would it need an extra dongle ?

sorry didn’t realise they were bluetooth – not seen a fire-compatible bluetooth keyboard before – all the ones I’ve seen on Amazon are RF.Β  If there are then happy days.

Participant
    johnbarry
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 4,171

thanks all

it is from argos 19.95 it has bluetooth and i have a bluetooth keyboard, i forgot till you said. i dont app on my mobile, only been on the net once. i am using the keyboard on me tablet for this post, will try on the fire.

nice one thanks for the tips

It's said to be easy when you know how. If you don't know how, then you need the help of forumites.

Cheers
    John

Participant
    Wheels-Of-Fire
    @grahamdearsley

Let us know if it works 😁

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 14,785

“not seen a fire-compatible bluetooth keyboard before ”

There are a number of BT capable mini keyboards, and are the only ones I use with Pi. You do however need to check as the vendors just say wireless. Sometimes this means BT, sometimes not. The Rii brand seems fairly reasonable, and I have not had any pairing failures.

Participant
    blacklion1725
    @blacklion1725

thanks Ed it was more that I was under the impression the Fire was fussy what you could pair with it – be it remotes, keyboards or whatever. A mate has had mine for a while so been a while since I had a play.

Participant
    Wheels-Of-Fire
    @grahamdearsley

The link I provided is inaccurate in its writeup for the ipazz port keyboard, it says it has a built in remote that is very similar to the firestick remote, in fact it IS the firestick remote ! The keyboard comes with a silicone sleeve that holds the keyboard on one side and the remote on the other 😁

Participant
    johnbarry
    @johnbarry

Graham I am using a bluetooth keyboard with the stick. on pressing enter the on scren keyboard pops up. When you use keyboard cursor it moves the on screen cursor not the one that follows as you type. A few niggles hopefully I can sort them, at least bluetooth keyboard works.

Cheers
    John

Participant
    Wheels-Of-Fire
    @grahamdearsley

Yay 😁

Participant
    blacklion1725
    @blacklion1725

I think if you “up arrow” till you go past the top row of the on-screen keyboard and in to the text-entry row on the screen, then the left/right cursor arrows should behave as you want. From memory it is not obvious but seem to recall it works.

Participant
    johnbarry
    @johnbarry

cheers blacklion I will look into it.

Cheers
    John

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Due to the Corona Virus some changes have been made to Forumite. These include free membership and a dedicated area for the Corona Virus.
PLEASE READ 
Close