Forumite Forums General Topics Tech Android Talk Android apps

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    blacklion1725
    Participant

Went to buy it and apparently I already own it! Gawd knows when I bought it !

Robin Long
      Participant

hello from the app!!!

Cheers Knight,

RIP Spike09 Your Missed
        If I'm not here, I'm there.

Finally joined Twitter! longr79

PlaneMan
        Participant

Went to buy it and apparently I already own it! Gawd knows when I bought it !

I did the same!

The Duke
          Participant

Me too, I use to use it alot with my revo atom/ion pc  . Just thought I’d let peeps know. I did think many here would already own it. It may of even been a free app (of the day) one time.

But if you don’t have it, it’s worth 10p, or 8p if your a Google music subscriber.

Tippon
            Participant

Nice find Steve, thanks :)

PlaneMan
              Participant

Parallel Space, run multiple instances of an app, social media or anything else.

I used it today as I need separate Yeelight accounts for my place and mums.

It likes to add apps so just keep an eye on it.

The Duke
                Participant

Nice I heard about this years ago, but never give it a try.

Why would you need two acoimts btw, for simplicity. As couldnt you  name the bulps mum longe1, mum hall 1 and so on, then simply set home screen short cut widgets to each, and drop the widget in a folder called mums lights , and one called simply lights for you?

Unless you don’t want your mum to have access to your lights  from her end. It would make sense to have separate accounts.

I received my second yeebulb (wi-fi ) this morning. Not opened it yet. Getting expensive !

PlaneMan
                  Participant

Separate accounts as I don’t go away, so mum doesn’t need access to my bulb.

Otherwise, having them all on the same account would make sense.

Dave Rice
                    Participant

What’s wrong with a switch?

PlaneMan
                      Participant

What’s wrong with a switch?

Nothing.

If you’re able to get to it. My living room switch is behind my bikes, with my hip issues it’s very awkward to get to.

I’m not at mum’s place all the time so being able to control it while I’m not there is very handy.

The Duke
                        Participant

Dave your so 1999 .  B-)

This all started as I’ve boarded out my loft, and didn’t want to run a stitch down in to the already decorated landing, it would mean channeling out the wall, and a re decoration.

So I’m going to tap straight into the ring with the landing lights or may be bathroom . (Yet to be decided ) , stock a switch in line simply as an isolater and have a wifi bulb.

I was testing the bulb in bed the wife seen it, she couldn’t miss it give she was lay next to me, and decided she loved it. As you can select sunrise mode for morning, with is excellent, starts red/orange and dim and over 20 mins gets to a normal colour, also we now have a night toggle that doesnt blind you, or wake the other up, as Nell as being able to togvle on off white light I’m normal mode.

The lounge is going to get them next, as the wife likes ice white light for reading, so our lounge has them, though they sent the most relaxing bulbs even on a dimmer, so with the yeebulb we can had a reading toggle, a normal toggle and a TV toggle, and a disco toggle for the kids that reacts to music. Trouble is we will need a new with set up.

Regarding the bathroom, I want to keep the normal switch and bulbs, bit also want to have a second switch, (line a landing switch set up), bit have the second switch a wi-fi relay. This is because I have a young daughter that leave the light on most nights ! And now older kids, that are of drinking age and also leave the light on when had a drink. Wouldn’t be an issue but the bathroom is next to our bedroom and the two exhaust fans wake me and the wife up, and we have to then go and turn it off. So a wi-fi switch would be great, and it can easily be done with a pi server, and a relay penalty atached an audino or another pi , maybe  pi zero.

Dave Rice
                          Participant

Cast out the bait…

Wait for a bite…

:yahoo:

blacklion1725
                            Participant

Haha…..I’ve got TP smart-plugs on a couple of lamps, they go on a program while I’m away, but you can set them on/off manually from the Kasa app too….I do it to annoy everyone from my phone even when I’m sat next to the lamp (which I can reach from my chair). Best thing is turning it on or off while I’m out (and someone else is indoors) and waiting for the text that says **** off you ****er!

I just can’t help myself.

The Duke
                              Participant

Twilight pro 10p,  a great app if your phone doesn’t have night mode built in.  Somthing I’ve used for years.

The Duke
                                Participant

This just came up in the thread discussing spam calls so I thought I’d mention it here, as it’s a must have application if you get un solicited calls. If you have a cyanogen os phone or are running CM, you already have it baked in.

True caller it like a spam filter for calls. There is a whole ecosystem you can get into, but I don’t bother, I just stick with the basics.

With my number being somewhere between 15 and 20 years old now, I think it’s on every list going so this app blocks at least ten calls a day for me.

Edit- I just noticed it has over 4.5million downloads and a 4.5 star rating. So its not just me thst likes it. That’s some dam good feedback.

Robin Long
                                  Participant

I’ve used true caller for 3-4 years now, though everyone knew about it!  It really is great, blocking number identification and loads of other stuff under the hood like missed call and a for of call back if the other user is engaged.  True messenger is good to finally get stops/separates all those stupid spam PPI texts too.

Cheers Knight,

RIP Spike09 Your Missed
                                    If I'm not here, I'm there.

Finally joined Twitter! longr79

Anonymous

I’d like to highlight Greenify as a must have. It has converted my Nexus 5 from a slow and frustrating phone (taking 10 seconds to open Chrome, and many other things) to being zippy and fast. I can’t work out which app(s) that I’ve hibernated have made the difference, but it’s night and day. Very much worth it!

The Duke
                                      Participant

Another great app that is on my install list is ARC recording. It simply records your call, you can set it to manual record, which I do. It puts a widget up on screen and you just hit go and it re ords tour call. You can set to to auto upload to many places including your own ftp server.

I record all business related calls, half for protection and half so I remeber what’s been said.

Also record all service calls, soley for protection.

Remeber to inform the other party your recording. If your calling a call center type place, when they give you the “then you can all maybe recorded……..” I always answer to Yeh, me too. As I find if your phoning a business to complain, they hand up on you if you outright tell them, so sneeking it in I find works best.

If it says a review order msg before you get through, I find questions them about it at first, they will say some line of “training etc” then you reply with the same, “Yeh, me too”.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nll.acr

Anonymous

ACR doesn’t work on all phones though. I had it for a little bit, but none of the sources recorded the other side, which is pretty much useless as a recording system. So check your phone to see if it does or not.

The Duke
                                          Participant

That’s right. The last phone I had it mot work was htc one x. The nexus 6p asked it may have issue but it never, when checked.

So if you try the app, my advise is do a test call. In the 6 years a or so I’ve used it, I’ve only had one phone it not work on. One of the said I kept the one X only for about 3 months. The phone had many issues though.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shopping cart

image/svg+xml

No products in the cart.

Continue Shopping
                                          Forumite