Forumite

Android tablet v Windows 10 Tablet

HOME Forums Tech Android Talk Android tablet v Windows 10 Tablet

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by johnbarry 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

This is more an app question.

She has an android tablet and plays Simpsons Tapped out (amongst others) that she downloaded from google play.

Can she still use google play and download simpsons (and others) on a Windows 10 Tablet, then carry on as normal except she is on a Windows tablet and not an Android.

Cheers
    John

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 2,904

Doesn’t work like that John. Different platforms.

If the apps are available for Windows and they support cross-platform play (log in details and the like) then it’s possibly a goer.

It’s possible to get Android apps to work in Windows but it requires a lot of faffing about and a fair bit of grunt form the tablet.

My Instagram

My YouTube

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 2,021

Thanks PM

I see what you mean.

I just had a look on google play at Simpsons on my Windows (desktop), it said install, best to try it, but I don’t play.

It also said something about I don’t have devices?

Cheers
    John

Drezha
    Participant
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 1,038

Wikipedia seems to suggest that it’s Android and iOS only, so no luck with it on a Windows tablet. I’ve seen Bluestacks before for Android apps on Windows but I’ve never tried it myself.

John – the install button is to remotely install it on to an Android device, not on to the Windows machine.

Talking about Windows tablets, new workplace has Surface Pro’s for us all – I’m pretty impressed to be honest. The keyboard isn’t actually bad at all. And as it has a USB port, I can do silly things like this with it at home! (though in fairness, I imagine this would work with an Android tablet and OTG connector)

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 2,021

Thanks Drezha

I thought it sensed I was on Windows, maybe not that clever, possibly in the future still loads for technology to learn.

Cheers
    John

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.