AOC 12367FH 23" Monitor.

HOME Forums Tech Other Tech AOC 12367FH 23" Monitor.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Bob Williams 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

I was offered this by a guy who I met in the Local while having a meal. I knew him to talk to on the street, but had never known what he does for a living. It appears that he works for a company that supplies a lot of Audio/Video/PC/Device stuff and they were having a Warehouse clearance. They offer the stuff on a protected webpage to employees first, before almost giving it away to those companies/vultures who buy up shed-loads of it and sell it on. He wanted £75 and I laughed, then £50 and I tittered a bit, offered £40 and he bit. After going to see it, still wrapped in box, factory sealed, I unboxed it there and asked to plug it in to his system for a play. It was fine: I know it’s at least 3 years ‘behind the curve’ but it will suit my No. 2 gson for birthday in a few days. Quite a nice setup: LED & IPS, 1920 x 1080 Full HD, 2x HDMI inputs, VGA. Plenty of adjustments to select colours, etc, to taste.

Only found on a USA site of Cnet:  http://tinyurl.com/yauhl87u

Did I get a good deal? Obviously been sat on a shelf for some time, no marks on box and sealed as I say.

Gson has a problem now: either he satisfies dad that he has cleaned, de-gunged and tidied his room, or he doesn’t get the monitor. Sounds cruel? Dad, granddad and sister have been telling him for at least 4 years. I have emphasized to him that I will not budge on this: room really is disgusting. In all other ways, he is a grand lad, will do anything for us, but when I say that he is 100% worse than his dad was at home with us, believe me that is Black Museum territory.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

Spread the love
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 1,307

I’d say £40 sounds like a deal.

Don’t know about ‘recent’ AOC monitors but I’ve got an ancient 19″ (IIRC), might be bigger, AOC CRT which weighs a ton and is huge. It still works and the colours are still near as dammit spot on.

If we have another nuclear war along with the cockroaches there will be that monitor, still working along with my X220 Thinkpad.

My Instagram

My YouTube

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 2,121

they were having a Warehouse clearance…

Sounds like a new twist on ‘it fell off the back of a lorry’! When I worked near Tilbury there were quite a number of similar offers from the dockers in the Working Man’s Club.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 2,043

they were having a Warehouse clearance…

Sounds like a new twist on ‘it fell off the back of a lorry’! When I worked near Tilbury there were quite a number of similar offers from the dockers in the Working Man’s Club.

Not so Ed, the guy is a manager in a ginormous warehouse which supplies many online companies with devices, etc. Has offered to take me up there next week. The Local village* pub is actually a small but very good restaurant, I network there regularly. 😋😁Over a mineral water, lol.

*Shades of Royston Vasey: outsiders are viewed with suspicion. One night I walked in after 2 strangers had been standing at the bar for some time. Landlord beckoned me on, “Here for a meal Bob? Find a seat and I’ll be over in a minute.” Took me about 8 years before I was accepted like that.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 2,121

Good, I’m glad that you are satisfied that this is all above board, Checking out EBay you bought it at least 40% below their price – a real bargain!

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 2,043

That’s good to know Ed, thanks. I had not checked Ebay prices, Amazon list it as “unobtainable”.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love