Forumite Forums General Topics Other Stuff Are you a 'True Brit'?

• Creator
    Topic
    Ed P
    Participant

Just a bit of fun – try the citizenship test!

link

Viewing 11 replies - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Wheels-Of-Fire
      Participant

Well as I said its my home town and I grew up here. I went to school here and I have watched it change out of all recognition.

The Duke
        Participant

I recall Wembley in the early and mid 90 (Liverpool and Widnes), and even then there seemed few white faces around. Then in the early 2000s I briefly worked for a company that fitted out shops and bars (all the wagging with farther paid off), what was around greater London, inside the north and south curricular, and some regions there was no white faces.

We never had a bad experiance, except when the company managed to squeeze us in a local “hotel” for our bidgut (think train spotting). We stayed one night, and told them we was fine with the extra driving from brand hatch hotel  each day.

So we could have BH with track passes, double room to yourself, TV, sky, gym (whatever they are) and pool and spar.

One night the endlands women team turned up, with some old Liverpool legend as second coach, I was sat in the Jacuzzi and half the team got in. All around 18-15 and spent the next 20 mins flirting with me, and trying to get me to “stand up”. Well I couldn’t stand up at at around 22/3 one has little control of what goes on don there.

I wad saved by the coach, the dark skinned and dark curly haired ladies of about 40( at the time) . She know exactly what they was up to and shouted the to leave me alone.

So you have in Kent. And for the same money £240 per day for bed and board in London you got scabby rooms, fit for bed sits. And you’d have to share a room, which isn’t world ending, what was though is the lacof the toilet door the was situated at the foot of both single beds. With a brocken door.

So you was just stuck to look in to the eyes of the guy (or gal, no gals) and he evacuates himself then stinks the whole room out, because of the lack of one.

15 for me which proves my low iq.

I’ll get my coat and move to inda.

Bob Williams
          Participant

15 for me which proves my low iq. I’ll get my coat and move to inda.

No stay here but move to Wembley, Graham needs you! ????

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
            I'm out.

Im 52 now and for sure the world has changed so fast in the past 50 years that I bet its actually teken everbody by surprise.

Stop and think about it.

look at where women are now and all thanks to the pill.

look at the loss in wild life.

its all abit mental.

What will the world be like when its my time to leave. :)

Ed P
            Participant

The biggest changes were between 1945 and 1965. The rate of change slowed a bit in the next twenty years, but really picked up the pace in the following twenty. Big discoveries in things like automation, AI and machine learning were made in the early noughties but they took a little while to mature. I suspect the next twenty years will change the whole world out of all recognition, or completely destroy it.

I get quite worried at the future prospects for my grandchildren. I’m not so sure there is going to be much call for intellectual achievement in the future world. The only ones I can see having a good future are plumbers, electricians and soccer players!

Yes, I dont see quacks or me having a job in 15 year.

peeps talk about all the cars but the richer world also wants willis carriers invention and all that that implies.

How long can civilisation last as we know it.

He he. :)

Bob Williams
              Participant

I see some sort of revolution across the world. Never forget that young people are now in contact with each other across borders, political and cultural divides, and English is an international language. The revolution is already underway, thanks to t’internet and mobiles. This is why so many states (ours and the USA included) are attempting to control it. Their leaders just do not “get it” – people, especially the younger ones, are clued up and know how to work around the controls. In this country alone, kids are growing up with classmates and neighbours from all kinds of backgrounds. Unless they are in gangs, or affected by the preconceptions of parents, they mostly view it as normal life.

My two grandsons have friends all over the world that they began to know by gaming with them. Now they also correspond with them and they ‘swap’ contacts between them. They have also been introduced via their overseas contacts, to other young people from other nations, and they have introduced those, to other kids here. The young people involved, are intelligent and are probably more clued up about the world than I am. Example: a few years ago, my youngest gs asked me to point out a particular place in the map, because he had a friend there that he gamed with as a partner. (Don’t ask me anything about that, I am not a gamer) It was in Pakistan. Doesn’t matter to him what anyone else thinks about that, he still corresponds with that lad and others he has found through him. Incidentally, nowadays he can of course pinpoint anyone and anywhere on the map. Google is an unwitting tool of the coming revolution!

The future is what the best of today’s young people will make of it, how we view what might happen, is irrelevant to them.

I'm out.

JayCeeDee
                Participant

The only ones I can see having a good future are plumbers, electricians and soccer players!

You forgot to add politicians to that list ED!! They seem to be Teflon coated – not individually, ( though some do seem to be ) but collectively – the general public seems to be in a permanent state of self-delusion, ie the next lot will be better than the last lot. They won’t, they’ll just be a touch of the ” same, but different” !!

A cynical person might say that real change only comes with revolution, but that’s not something that I’d either advocate or recommend.

TM on the other hand might be fighting off a revolution from within, as Micheal Gove and Jeremy Hunt seem to be positioning themselves as a popular choice for the top job, by advocating the unthinkable ( for TM ).

She got the job when David Cameron under-estimated the general public, taking them for granted, so you would think she wouldn’t repeat the error. But she did. She alienated the top end of the age spectrum and considered the lower end to be irrelevant. Never in her wildest dreams did she think that losing the Seniors and Labour gaining the Juniors would shake her world the way it did.

It won’t be long now!!

Ed P
                  Participant

The only ones I can see having a good future are plumbers, electricians and soccer players!

You forgot to add politicians to that list ED!!

No – see Bob’s previous post. I see a lot of politicians making their way to the tumbril when the revolution finally kicks in!

Bob Williams
                    Participant

The detestation of most politicians amongst young people I know, is so obvious now. The ones they don’t detest, they see as figures of fun. They are merciless with some of the older ones, even the PM is not immune. One young friend of my Gd’s actually said this about TM: “She is as old as my gran, but dresses like she’s 21. Eyes like poached eggs!”

Jeremy Corbyn seems immune to criticism though. They hear some of the things he says as Good Things. Look out for another upset soon. I am sorely tempted to tell them some truths, but I think they should be allowed to make up their own minds and make their own mistakes, so I don’t comment either way.

I'm out.

Viewing 11 replies - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shopping cart

image/svg+xml

No products in the cart.

Continue Shopping
                    Forumite