Tagged: Athlon 3000G
February 13, 2020 at 1:20 pm #40596ModeratorDave Rice@ricedg
Just finished and delivered a SOHO PC.
- Thermaltake Versa H17 No Win
- Aerocool Cylon 400W Fully Wired 80+ PSU/Power Supply
- Crucial 8GB DDR4 2400 MT/sPC4-1920017 SR x8
- WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND SSD M.2 2280
- MSI A320M-A PRO MAX AMD AM4 mATX Motherboard
- AMD Athlon 3000G 3.5GHz
I’m never sure about the Athlons and NVMe drives so decided to stick with the WD Blue. It still boots in <20 seconds from cold.
I picked the MSI A320M-A PRO MAX as it will take the new 3rd generation AMDs with the original BIOS. Something you have to watch out for with AM4 boards (CCL used to have a free BIOS upgrade service but it seems no longer).
Any worries I had about not going for a Ryzen 3 soon disappeared. It eats SOHO tasks for breakfast and everything is very snappy.
February 13, 2020 at 2:34 pm #40597Participantkeith with the teef@thinktankForumite Points: 2,391
Yes, those small soc as dramatically powerfull in real terms.
MSI bios update is v good.
EDIT. My low life media PC happily plays NFS most wanted from 2005 at 60fps full eyecandy and the CPU GPU does not go above 37C. No need to enable game mode.
- This reply was modified 3 days, 5 hours ago by keith with the teef.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.