Battling with Amazon

HOME Forums Tech Amazon & Alexa Battling with Amazon

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by The Duke 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

D-Dan
    Participant
    @d-dan

My shiny new 32″ monitor purchased just 3 months ago from Amazon, last night decided to have a vertical red line down the middle of it. Tested on three machines (my main rig, a raspberry Pi and my laptop) using HDMI and DVI proved a fault, and backup monitor does not have this, so definitely a fault with the monitor. Reported last night, with a promised call back tonight after they contacted the manufacturer, which never came. Tonight, I contacted them over webchat, and after they started again with the manufacturer, I had to remind them of their obligations under the CPA. I pointed out that my contract was with them, and not AOC.

Took a couple of hours, but a refund, plus extra to cover the increased cost of re-ordering. As it happens, the credit all appeared tonight and I made £11 plus change on the deal, that they refuse to take back.

But what an ordeal.

Ryzen 7 1800X, 16 GB, 6 (yes - 6) HDs inc 2 SSDs, 4 RPis - one as an NFS server with two more drives, PiHole (shut yours), Plex server, cloud server, and other random Pi stuff. Nice CoolerMaster case, NV GTX 1060 6GB, and a whopping 32" AOC 1440P monitor.

Spread the love
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 2,583

I use amazon as Ive never had issue with refunds. Last year they replaced aj almost year old moto g5, when thd usb port on it broke. Totally down to the child’s fault  putting tejtion on it. But they sent me out a second phone within 5 mins of contacting them.

Touch wood, I’ve never had an issue with amazon. It’s why I pay them yearly. That is worth more to me than the 24h delivery.

Glad you got it sorted.

D-Dan
    Participant
    @d-dan
    Forumite Points: 1,237

It’s not the refund that’s the problem. It’s trying to get the damned broken one back to them. Day four, and no solution. I’m inclined to tell them, according to the CPA it’s now their problem. I’ve gone out of my way to help them. Now, it’s up to them.

Ryzen 7 1800X, 16 GB, 6 (yes - 6) HDs inc 2 SSDs, 4 RPis - one as an NFS server with two more drives, PiHole (shut yours), Plex server, cloud server, and other random Pi stuff. Nice CoolerMaster case, NV GTX 1060 6GB, and a whopping 32" AOC 1440P monitor.

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 2,209

Do they even want the broken one back?

Several times I have been told/asked to please dispose of the item that has been refunded or replaced. Sometimes it was with Amazon and other times it was the maker. People do not want WEE stuff in their bins it appears.

Spedley
    Participant
    @spedley
    Forumite Points: 289

Snap (my LG) …

i7 4790s / 8GB / 480GB SSD / GTX 980 / 34" UltraWide : i3 4170 / 8GB / 480GB SSD / GTX 770 / 24" Samsung : i3 4130 / 8GB / 500GB Spinner / GTX 1050 / 23" Acer : Q9550 / 8GB / 1TB Spinner / GTX 580 / 22" Acer : i7 720QM / 8GB / 1TB+2TB+500GB Spinners (server) : i5 4570 / 8GB / 60GB SSD / 1TB / GeForce 210 / 22" Dell It's getting warm in here!

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 3,559

Make to avoid?

In the early days of 4K a few manufacturers used up old stock by ‘rotating and sticking’ two smaller screens within one bezel. Sometimes it worked, other times the result was a line down the centre (often black). This smells a little like this manufacturing kludge.

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 2,583

Ed could be correct. And if so, that would make itbery old stock, and probably not fit anycurrent 4k standards. So you could havlbe drm issues with it also.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love