Best of all News!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Bob Williams 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Today I saw my consultant at Grimsby hospital, after the zillion or so recent tests and scans.

He gave me the All Clear! I have to go back at two 3-monthly intervals to decide on later treatment for associated minor problems, but he says that I am free of cancer.

For every Forumite and their families suffering similar problems, I would hope for the same outcome. I still cannot believe it, but I have been feeling gradually better for some time. I walked through to the Chemo treatment ward and took great pleasure in ringing the bell, which is how it is celebrated there. The nurses there are so very good at their jobs and very caring, although I told them “Ladies I thank and love you all for your care and treatment, but I hope to never see you again in a medical capacity.” A round of applause followed that. I intend to buy them the biggest tin of choc sweets I can find.

I walked out of that hospital as if a ton weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I have been phoning around the family, giving them the news and blessing them for their support over the last year, but the greatest gratitude is reserved for my lovely, supportive missus, who has put up with my struggle and my occasional Mr Nasty outbursts.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

Spread the love
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 1,820

That is great news, the ringing the bell is pretty standard across many units, Michele got her turn a few weeks ago though it now feels it was a we bit premature. I will write a bit more once I have caught up with myself ; we have had 6 appointments this week, (I managed to turn up half an hour late for my first one of the week Oops I pleaded pressure of circumstances and they were very good), my spine surgeon appointment went OK after a quick post operation appointment for my wife. Tomorrow we are off to North Middlesex Hospital for a preplan meeting on the radiotherapy.

Friday I have a follow up on my skin cancer, which I think will be all clear.

Still relax and do whatever you like to enjoy, you have earned some good news after all the upsets.

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 1,719

Great news Bob!

Keep rocking .

My Instagram

My YouTube

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 2,593

I was also late today Richard, thanks to a hold up on the single-carriage A16. We really need some dual carriageway on that road, which carries a huge amount of truck traffic from and to the Humber ports. Now that wind turbine production is ramping up, and many (European and British) companies are working along the Humber, the traffic is really heavy. Today it was a huge Wide Load, a massive Holiday Home from the Willerby manufacturers in East Yorkshire, almost falling off the truck. A huge recovery truck and team had to be sent for. Fortunately I know the area well by now and found a roundabout route which took me back onto the A16 further North and past the obstruction.

After the hospital, wife and I had to go to take the car into a Motability repair workshop (Nationwide Repairs) in Grimsby, just off the A180. Last night I took my grandson home from work and reversed into my son’s trailer hook, damaging the N/S rear light lenses. Son had left the trailer with the hook and hitch upright, whereas it is usually down. It is a very dark layby, all the streetlights are switched off to save money and the hook was covered with a metal plate, itself covered by a black plastic cover. Dear son is absolutely gutted, but I could not chastise him, he does so much for us.

Then we went Christmas shopping back in Grimsby. GRRRRR!!! Do I not like that!

All the best to you and family.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 1,066

That is superb news Bob – not the car, but who gives a hoot on the back of great news!! Keep on moving forward.

dwynnehugh
    Participant
    @dwynnehugh
    Forumite Points: 655

Great news Bob – what a great Xmas present.

The more you meet people the more you understand why Noah took animals instead of humans

Mark Turner
    Participant
    @turner74
    Forumite Points: 211

Good news Bob  👍

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 1,814

Well done Bob.

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 959

Fantastic News Bob – well done mate!

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 2,231

Amazing news Bob

And one big F-you to cancer 👍👍

Will make Xmas all that more enjoyable. 🌲

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Thanks guys. Your support means a lot. My FB page is choked with replies.

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 1,445

Excellent news Bob 🙂

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 1,216

Top news Bob 💪

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Thanks, Ryan and Graham.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love