Forumite General Topics Tech Other Tech Bluetooth audio from PC

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tippon
    Participant
      @tippon

I bought myself a pair of Psyc Wave ZX Bluetooth headphones a little while back, thinking that I could use them with my phone for hospital appointments. Typically, I’ve had company every time I’ve had an appointment since…

I was thinking that I could use them with the PC, rather than having a cable getting in the way, and maybe plug them into the media PC if I’m up late in the night.

Is there a simple and cheap way to connect them, preferably through Bluetooth? Ideally something small and USB powered so that it can move around with the headphones.

I’ve looked on Ebay, but it’s either the dodgy looking stuff from China, or dongles with appalling spelling and grammar and pictures of car stereos, making me think that they’re receivers, not transmitters.

Ed P
      Participant
        @edps

If your headphones are completely Bluetooth compatible any decent dongle should connect to them. link

The passkey is often 0000, but the destructions for your headphone should tell you what it is.

blacklion1725
        Participant
          @blacklion1725

Yeah I had one in an old laptop where the internal bluetooth had packed up – worked fine doing exactly whst you are looking t do (handy for bluetooth speakers too). Any of these should do the trick.

The Duke
          Participant
            @sgb101

Any cheap dongle or card will work. I love bt ears used 5hem now for about 3 years. Gone though about 6 pairs of teotronics £15 to 20 sets. 6 may sound a lot, but i use earsphomes about 16h a day, and the wire always wears quick or worse still the aux port.

Also when on a PC, I’ve often jumped up to answer the door forgetting to take the cans off. The wire would push everything offy desk before lassoing the fans off my head. So bt is a great opinion for all that don’t want super high-end audio.

Currently have a pair of teotronic stiffed in my lugs now. Not only do they sound decent, have a good 7 hour run time, but when off, they really block out the sound of the house. So i can concentrate on work. Currently handy for Easter break.

Tippon
            Participant
              @tippon

Brilliant  thanks guys

Tippon
              Participant
                @tippon

Sorry, I forgot to come back to this. I ordered two – one for each computer, and they turned up on the weekend. They’re working great, and I’m looking into scripts to switch audio devices from within Kodi on the media PC ?

Wheels-Of-Fire
                Participant
                  @grahamdearsley

I think I should mention Bluetooth audio profiles here too.

If you want the best audio then both devices should support Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP).

If you want remote control then AVRCP is the one to have.

If neither of these are mentioned then the devices will fall back to the older headset profile which is a bit rubbish ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shopping cart

image/svg+xml

No products in the cart.

Continue Shopping
                Forumite