Forumite

BOB

This topic contains 24 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Bob Williams 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

I received a text message from bob I believe the other day. He doe’s for some reason seem to send them to my house phone. All it said was from what I can make out is “Well at least I can have Christmas dinner with out having to do the washing up”. Is he in the ozi again? If he his reading this as I know he doe’s on his mobile he may be able to text me more info “To My Mobile” and that number is on the contact page.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 4,240

All the best Bob, keep your chin up, and see you when you get home.

And thank you Lee for The news.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 7,622

Merry Chrimbo – wherever you are!

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 5,730

Hope it’s nothing serious.

Thanks Lee.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 3,792

Have a good one Bob, home or hospital, you’ll have those you  love close by.

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 2,136

BOB

“HI, yes in hospital again with another infection but not serious and should be coming home today if doctors get here soon. Car parked in hospital car par so should be out of here ten mins after doctor gives decision. Cheers, Bob”

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

PlaneMan
    @planeman

Thanks Lee.

Glad it’s not serious Bob.

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 2,663

Glad you’re mostly ok Bob, let’s hope they get you home soon 🙂

dwynnehugh
    Participant
    @dwynnehugh
    Forumite Points: 1,531

Hope you get home to tuck into that turkey.  Ever thought whilst in hospital of arranging an escape committee? lol ?

The more you meet people the more you understand why Noah took animals instead of humans

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 7,622

Hospitals like a quiet ward if they can arrange it, so most will get thrown out – unless they forget you!

Thanks for the update Lee,

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 1,878

Glad its not too bad Bob – merry Christmas!!

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 5,284

Thanks guys, big mention for Lee. Sorry about the home phone call, made the next to your mobile.

Actually, it was a resurgence of the previous infection and I learned more about it from a very young but efficient consultant who signed my discharge at 10:00 today*. During the previous stay of two weeks, I had kept mentioning the blood and scabs coming down from my sinuses, receiving only platitudes and disregard for my words. At my discharge interview this am, the young consultant informed me that I had “Sinusitis which developed into a deep-seated infection.” He had prescribed the powerful intravenous antibiotics which wiped it out: he said that I had not been given good alternatives for a Penicillin-allergic patient and I watched as he collated all my information, then spent some time obviously deep in thought about medication choices. The infection was responsible for my inability to eat, sleep and walk, having taking up residence in my system. TBH guys, when I went in this time I felt like crap. After just 2 days of his prescription, I was eating, sleeping and off walking a long hospital corridor, doing my old Army leg exercises on the bed. This morning after breakfast I did the walk 4 times on the trot, turning (Right about, Steve!) at the ward ends and repeating. After lunch I did it 5 times. I now feel better than I have done for ages and will hopefully resume walking the countryside again at home.

*I learned that all the medical and medication information was at the Pharmacy by 10:45, so they knew what medication to issue. It still took from then to 17:00 this evening to get the last item, and the ward Staff Nurse actually went down and rushed that through. Same thing happened at my previous discharge: I have made an official complaint against Lloyd’s Pharmacy, specifically stating that it was nothing to do with the nursing care, which was excellent as usual.

Ed Wrote:

Hospitals like a quiet ward if they can arrange it, so most will get thrown out – unless they forget you!

The nursing staff didn’t forget me Ed, it was the Private company running the Pharmacy. I had some choice words for the Pharma person who came up with the Staff Nurse to bring the last item. I think he intended to whinge about me causing him hassle. He got as far as opening his mouth, before I asked him very firmly, why it took almost 7 hours to get all my medication together. Exit one Pharmacist, red faced, Stage left.

A word of praise for the food, which was first class. Never had a bad meal at Grimsby DPoW Hospital.

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 2,921

Ten Minutes Bob, come on you no the score.

It takes all day to get your discharge papers and meds.

It's said to be easy when you know how. If you don't know how, then you need the help of forumites.

Cheers
    John

The Duke
    @sgb101

Great news Bob, you had me, and us here, worried for a moment.

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 2,303

Bob, sorry to learn of this repeated tale of woe, by the way 7 hours is not too bad for discharge medications. With my wife we gave up and I went back on her next appointment a week later and collected them, it was a 40 mile round trip and I did not want to leave her alone for the first ‘golden week’ after her discharge. Happily we had enough pain reducer supplies until that point. Our longest straight wait was 48 hours at this time at the local hospital. Both are hospital run pharmacies.

I was interested to hear that it once again came back to your nose issue, I will be interested to know if it gets cleared this time, once and for all. It is not a fun condition and certainly not good when it goes on the way yours has.

Have they checked your vitamin D levels? They can take a hit because of chemo, My wife found out at about 14:30 yesterday that hers were not just low but essentially off the scale; by 17:00 hours I had the medication to start jacking them up again, essentially mega dose cholecalciferol. She will be retested in a month’s time.

That ‘might’ be another avenue to explore , – if you ever have time to get bored

StevieP
    Participant
    @steviep
    Forumite Points: 41

Well done Bob, good to know you are on the mend.

Another 6 hours on table yesterday, got a better overview of options and finished now until Friday, when if all ok plastics will start choosing, their words, what skin and where from they want to use. Not going to be easy or quick, but at least we have started.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Thanks guys

Richard they know my Vitamin D is fine: every blood test and culture proved it. I was on a chalky big tablet for this from the first visit: new consultant says it is irrelevant and should not have been issued. I am now taking:

Lansaprazole (morning) – Erythromycin (2x tablets) twice a day – Doxycycline 1 a day, for 7 days – Tamsulosin 1 a day; that’s the one that is wiping out the infection.

Stevie P: I wish you all the best  for your grafts, hope you can get through them OK, but knowing what you have already pulled through, you will fight this. Having an Army mate who went through something similar, I have a bit of an idea of what you are in for. Good luck, Good Health for 2019.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

PlaneMan
    @planeman

Hope everything goes well for everyone.

The Duke
    @sgb101

Steve I some how missed your posts. Hope all goes well mate ?

Same for all here, I know many are fighting their own battles too. Here is to beating the lot ??

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 1,878

Get well/stay well everyone!

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Get well/stay well everyone!

I second that BL! Have had a sudden increase in energy levels: what they have prescribed is definitely working. I was also told that I can resume a small alcohol intake if I wish. Sitting here with a nice cup of coffee, fortified by a splash of Jamesons Whiskey. Feeling good. Hopefully more outdoors tomorrow and a nice bottle of Chenin Blanc to bring home.

A better, healthier 2019 to everyone.

--- Robin Williams

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!