Forumite

Bob in hospital again

HOME Forums Health and Well being Other Health & Well being Bob in hospital again

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Bob in hospital again 2Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2

Hi guys, I am in Grimsby since Weds night. Liver problem giving me jaundice, convulsions, high temperature. Had to happen during the move, missus isolated but family helping her one at a time.

Ha ve a catheter and a bag of unpleasantness following me. Am in a 5 person ward alone, one of many on this block that has been emptied ready for any Corona expansion. Obvs cannot return to this topic much  but wish you all and families well. All mine are good atm, one old friend has the virus. Later, guys. :good:

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
    I'm out.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Bob in hospital again 3Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 8,327

Best of luck Bob.

Participant
    Bob in hospital again 4PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 6,663

Keep on trucking Bob. :good:

Participant
    Bob in hospital again 5johnbarry
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 4,402

Good luck Bob :good:

Cheers
    John

Participant
    Bob in hospital again 6JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 4,759

Best wishes for a safe return.

Participant
    Bob in hospital again 7Wheels-Of-Fire
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 5,584

Very good luck Bob.

Does the hospital have WiFi ? Northwick Park has NHS free (useless) and premiun with odd fees, £5.00 for 4 hours or £15.00 for 7 days. Gouging the visitors I suppose.

Premium allows streaming so I used it for watching catch up TV when I was in over Christmas.

Participant
    Bob in hospital again 8Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,256

Best of luck Bob. :good:

Participant
    Bob in hospital again 9The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 11,208

The best if luck bob 🤞

Keymaster
    Bob in hospital again 10RSB
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 7,287

Keep on trucking Bob. :good:

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Participant
    Bob in hospital again 11Mark Turner
    @turner74
    Forumite Points: 574

Best of luck Bob.

Participant
    Bob in hospital again 12Tippon
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 3,769

Get well soon Bob :good:

Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 12,986

Hi guys I am waiting to go home ATM. It was a bike duct blockage, found and cured but serious infection took time to clear. Now my per looks like weak lemonade instead of Business and I feel much better. More goodnews Plusnet engineer is calling at home today to fix broadband. Catch up maybe much later, a lot to do at home.

Thank you so for your support and good wishes.

I'm out.

Participant
    Bob in hospital again 7Wheels-Of-Fire
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 5,584

Good news Bob. Those blocked Bikes can be a bugger 😂

Participant
    Bob in hospital again 8Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,256

Yeah don’t do the IoM TT on them! :yahoo:

Great news that you are better, and not stuck in the infectious zone.

Participant
    @jayceedee

Great to hear, Bob – now concentrate on getting better for a few days not playing catch up!! Despite advice to the contrary (!! ) those jobs really can wait.

Participant
    Bob in hospital again 4PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 6,663

Good news Bob! :good:

Participant
    Bob in hospital again 18Les.
    @oldles
    Forumite Points: 1,714

Bob, I thought you had timed this hospital holiday so that your good lady would be ranting at all the youing ones as to where stuff should go, and you would prolong it until your personal space was suitable computerised. But it seems there is still work to do!

Unlike all the others here, I realised you meant BILE duck, and that PER was your substitute for PEE.

Keep grumbling!

Les.

Participant
    Bob in hospital again 9The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 11,208

Great news Bob 👍

Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 12,986

Well thanks all of you, I have made it back on here. My typos were of course – reinstate “Bile Duct” for bike duct and “pee” for per. I was not really compos mentis when typing that on my tablet. Since gatting (to the new) home it has been a struggle, having moved in during the present crisis and having to reassemble/reposition furniture (to SWMBO’s satisfaction) at first with help from family. It is taking ages to unpack boxes, some of which are heavy, but my Gert and I can now see some wood amongst the trees. I don’t have my desktop set up yet but I have managed to clear a space in thejungle that must be the second bedroom, which will be my Man Cave.

Plusnet took days to get t’internet sorted. Eventually my IT worker gson sussed out that the problem was outside and told the OR engineer what to do and where to go. Turns out ther was a connection left on the cabinet which should not have been there. Well, that’s their story anyway…. I have everything ready for tomorrow and will launch PC Room Mk.2 on this domicile. Hopefully.

Health is still ropey but getting there and my meds intake has reduced today by one. (x3 a day) Gson has been a great help, but grassed us to his mum this morning when we went to Morrisons for necessities. Family orders that we let them shop for us. We are beginning to love our new pad: having an electronically – gated enclosure means that we can exercise around the huge car park without going out. Lots of younger people around us, which is a great change from seeing oldpharts dropping from their perches every year. We all wait until residents in ones and twos have had their stroll, before taking a turn. Still plenty of traffic about and I am giving thumbs up to truckers passing our balcony.

Many thanks to the NHS for my recovery and the fantastic, selfless work they do. :good:

I'm out.

Participant
    Bob in hospital again 3Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 8,327

As we keep telling the in-laws, let the young uns do the shopping. Their house is groaning under the weight of food – their neighbours are very good and the street is organised – but MIL keeps finding excuses to go out to get something they don’t really need.

I think until, God forbid, someone you know falls ill it doesn’t quite sink home unless you’ve seen the Sky News coverage from inside a Lombardy hospital ‘Everyone dies alone’. This is what rammed it home to me more than any statistics. Never mind the Govt infomercials, they should be replaced by this. The longer documentary from the area about the social impact is compelling watching too.

Participant
    @jayceedee

I think until, God forbid, someone you know falls ill it doesn’t quite sink home

You’re not wrong – a friend’s daughter, well she comes round and keeps our feet in fine fettle and we know her daughter from the Medical Centre – was very close with the 39 year old nurse Amy, that died, locally here. She’s devastated, her Mum is broken up. She left three kids behind!! :cry: :-(

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.