Forumite

BoJo's Tory Leadership Chances boosted by Labour Supporters

HOME Forums Politics UK BoJo's Tory Leadership Chances boosted by Labour Supporters

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by JayCeeDee 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

The VFM Addict
    Participant
    @thevfmaddict

Inadvertently I am sure, the LabourList a highly popular site for Labour activists, appear to have massively boosted BoJo’s chances of getting on to the ‘final two’ list of candidates for the Tory Leadership.

Their recent readers poll evidences real fears that BoJo would be by far the Tory hardest for Corbyn to beat come the next GE.    They have far less fear of Raab and even less of Leadsom.    What shocked me most is that Rory Stewart, although far behind BoJo was the second most feared.

The full poll also makes interesting reading as regards general voting intent by LabourList readers.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Here's hoping the Mad Tangerine of the West and the Mad Monk of the East stay friends or we're all in trouble

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

keith with the teef
    Participant
    @thinktank
    Forumite Points: 1,840

I think brexit is finnished its never gonna happen. Its permanently going to be up in the air. This of course means everthing else will suffer and that includes us.

The VFM Addict
    Participant
    @thevfmaddict
    Forumite Points: 1,849

I guess one can’t mention the Tory Leadership without it being infected by Brexit.     But Brexit totally aside and forgetting it even exists I can well see why Labour Activists would fear BoJo versus Corbyn in any event.

I guess these days Big Personality-No Substance beats No Personality-Big Substance most days of the week as probably Trump showed in the USA.     As I said though I really don’t get why they feared Rory Stewart more than all the others after BoJo.    I am totally unimpressed by him and to me he projects neither personality nor substance.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Here's hoping the Mad Tangerine of the West and the Mad Monk of the East stay friends or we're all in trouble

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 3,753

As I said though I really don’t get why they feared Rory Stewart more than all the others after BoJo. I am totally unimpressed by him and to me he projects neither personality nor substance.

No, but he does emanate integrity and has put his job where his mouth is (was) and that makes him stand out in the current crowd. He put it out there, that if the prison statistics didn’t turn upwards after a year of being in the job, you wouldn’t need to sack him, he’d resign. If only Chris Grayling got infected with that level of personality or substance.

A little less now than before, when he wasn’t in the cabinet, but he was one of the few that gave you an answer instead of prattling on about manifestos, best intentions and honouring an outcome!! Maybe that’s why Labour have a fear of him.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!