Brexit now = CETA +/-?

HOME Forums Politics Europe Brexit now = CETA +/-?

This topic contains 459 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Ed P 1 minute ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps

I must confess to being totally uncertain why the UK has been pratting about for the last 12 months. By all accounts when ‘submarine’ May at last emerged all she did was to unveil a slight modification of the Canadian deal(CETA) with the EU.

The +/- comes about as there will still be free movement of EU citizens across the borderless Ulster/Eire border, albeit with no rights of abode, but that never troubles the people smugglers. There is also uncertainty over our biggest export earner – the Financial Sector. The EU court will arbitrate all trade deals and the Court of Human Misrights will remain unchanged. (This was never part of Brexit and cannot be untangled from the Northern Ireland Friday Agreement).

It strikes me that the last six months has been all about internal rifts in the Conservative Party and banging blimp heads together.

Spread the love
Viewing 20 replies - 281 through 300 (of 459 total)
  • Author
    Replies

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 1,559

I hate the sun for other reason..

Though the new bread of leftist social worriers will moan about anything they don’t agree with, and call it an outrage. But try and tell them to shut up, and you get called all kinds.

I neither left nor right, I’m a massive hypocrit, I’ll agree with the left on one topic, but may also agree with the right on a totally different topic. However the two totally different issue, may actually completely contradict each other.

However in like a lot of people ill admit to being a hypocrit. I can’t see how anyone can be either left or right, unless brainwashed. I just take each issue on merit, try and look up facts, them you my own moral compass to come to a decision. However this is how you figure out your (Im) a compleat hypocrit.

Spelt hypocrit wrong every time, but I’m suffering the worst hangover ever, so be nice. As the years go by I just can’t hack it. Though it was a long one last night 3pm, ending at 10am! Far too old for this! Two hours sleep, then home. Now just dying.

The VFM Addict
    Participant
    @thevfmaddict
    Forumite Points: 134

VHM You lost me when you cited the f-+king sun. LMFAO

It may have lost you Duke but it hasn’t lost Robbie Gibb, No10’s Director of Communications.  He is not contesting the finding and reports it in his Twitter account.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Here's hoping the Mad Tangerine of the West and the Mad Monk of the East stay friends or we're all in trouble

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 1,075

They are all cnuts, feeding of the honest people.

Brexit I don’t know about.

Politicians  I do, a bit, when they want your support, can’t do enough. After that, F**K you.

My Instagram

My YouTube

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 1,804

The changes brought about in this country after the smoke clears from whatever form our future will take, will become more and more inescapable.

Political parties will never be the same: how the electorate votes will change, existing Polls and voting “expert” opinion will be proved incorrect. I fully expect a period of extreme uncertainty amongst the British people. That could bring about Civil Unrest. We have been lied to and treated with condescension by both sides and by the political parties. MP’s on the whole, are interested in maintaining their seats in the House and pay only lip service to the wishes of their constituents.

I heard this morning that the finest of all Conservative MP’s, Sir Peter Tapsell, died at 88. This man was my MP here in Louth & Horncastle and he was a real independent voice, never afraid to speak against his own Party, in or out of government, always available and approachable at Constituency Offices in both towns, even in his 80’s. He spoke against the 2 Gulf Wars, the Afghan adventures and the Maastricht Treaty, amongst many other issues. There is not another UK politician today, from any party, with half his integrity, honour and real constituency service.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

The Duke
    @sgb101

It didn’t lose me you did. I stopped reading it shit you got out of the Scum. I would wipe my arse the the shite.

No red top tbh, but The Scum has a very special place I’m my hate hole. POS rag.

If the coms sec is getting his “figure on the pules info” from the Scum newspaper we are all fucked. Did she give him the job cos he could do twitter.

Bob, you best hope the Scum doesnt get to write his eulogy. He sounds right up there street to lie about.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 1,733

Quite honestly Steve I’d place ALL the newspapers in the MurkyDog Group in the same dubious position of honesty. We should never allow foreign scumbags to own our communications media, as they dissemble and push out their own agenda, or that of a foreign power.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Steve all Forest fans who were at Hillsborough remember what the Sun did and hate the rag just as much as Liverpool supporters. I was not there myself, but lots of mates and family were. It is sometimes forgotten that there was another team and another set of supporters at that match. I was told that the Forest fans towards the front of their stand, could see what was happening. Some wanted to get across and help, but the Police stopped them. It is also not recorded that one group of Forest lads ripped up an advert hoarding and tried to use it as a stretcher. They were arrested, but never charged.

Football rivalry is one thing, but that was just sheer, dangerous incompetence by the police, followed by filthy, lying reporting.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps

Bob, according to the latest NHS reports if we have a hard Brexit the electorate will not be the same either. There is a real risk of increased deaths with a hard Brexit.

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 590

And plague and pestilence and the comming of the three horse men.

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley

Or maybe not…

According to a report in the Times it looks like the most likely outcome of a no deal is that in the absence of any new directives people will just keep following the old rules even if they are no longer valid. What else can they do ?

The Duke
    @sgb101

WoF if that’s the case, why are we bother. We can just carry on. And ignore customs, tariffs and all trh logistics that instils.

We will literally following our own meem. Keep calm and carry on. Someone should inform the PM it’s a meem, it’s not ment to be taken literally.

Seen a boy of sky news, yesterday, not my usual place to get it, and they had a Farmer on, brexitier what was just, ‘so what about concequences’ was his attitude.

But let slip he doesn’t deal with trade with EU, but more US, and added his subsidy, he won’t miss it as he passes down the chain, as he is self sufficient. He said non ends up in his pocket.

i think he missed the point that, passing down the chain means he uses it to pay suppliers, wages, etc… So will he be self sufficient once he loses his subsidy.

As if his answer was, my pocket will miss it, but I don’t mind that sacrifice. For many years my farms has been self sufficient so the subsidy hasn’t been needed. Then I would of sided with his point.

I’d also love to know what does taking sovranty back mean. Did we ever lose it, if we did, do we need it. What do we gain or lose form either having or not.

It seems we all want it back, but few actually know what it is we no longer have.

Off the hospital today, tell we are defo home.

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley

No Duke we follow the existing rules until someone says different. Should see a raft of new directives toot sweet 😁

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley

Come to think of it, following the last order you received is good practice in general.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps

@Wheels, you are assuming that the EU will blink before we do.

Unfortunately we are entering the dangerous phase of negotiation where people throw logic out of the window and just say ‘sod you’. I have certainly seen that happening during Corporate negotiations.

The VFM Addict
    Participant
    @thevfmaddict
    Forumite Points: 134

@Wheels, you are assuming that the EU will blink before we do. Unfortunately we are entering the dangerous phase of negotiation where people throw logic out of the window and just say ‘sod you’. I have certainly seen that happening during Corporate negotiations.

If only that were true.   I’d love it if May said ‘sod you’ to the EU.    She’s done this all the wrong way round.   In negotiation you go in hard and then soften if need be.   You don’t go in soft and then try to harden up.   It never works that way.   So now the only hard option is the nuclear one – a full sod off and no divorce payment.   Besides if its a no deal then the £39B would ease the short term turbulence for us and worsen it for the EU, especially Germans who are already sick to death of carrying the heavy lift financial burden for the EU.    A no deal and the fall of Merkel I suspect would be the death of the political side of the EU and it might get back to being what the common market was supposed to be a trading agreement not a political superstate.   I have no problem with that and may even vote yes to it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Here's hoping the Mad Tangerine of the West and the Mad Monk of the East stay friends or we're all in trouble

The Duke
    @sgb101

39b would be like pissing in a lake.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Wof, what happened to the FOURTH Horseman?

http://tinyurl.com/yd5sf3ud

“White, Red, Black and Pale horses.” Well, lots of Arab nations have white, red and black flags.

Just saying…

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 1,075

Johnny Cash, When The Man Comes Around.

My Instagram

My YouTube

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Good spot Nolan. Johnny Cash became more creative as he got older, I think, a far more intelligent writer and performer than most people realised, not just a Country singer in the end.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps

The WTO has just scuppered the ‘Hard’ Brexiteers position on EU trade. If there is no deal then WTO rules MUST be applied equally to all countries i.e a 25% tax on BLTs. As 60% of our food is imported from the continent food prices would shoot up in price and our auto industry would be thrown into disarray.FT Link

Yesterday’s Hard Brexit paper already needs revision!

Correspondingly if no taxes are applied to the EU then every other import must also be tax free! Much as I’d love this situation, it would turn Northern Ireland into a smugglers paradise for Eire — I just cannot see the EU accepting that situation.

Viewing 20 replies - 281 through 300 (of 459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love