Broadband hiccups

HOME Forums Tech PC Talk Broadband hiccups

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Richard 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Blimey two Threads started by me in succession. Must have a lie down in a bit.

So yesterday morning my speeds went from this:

To this:

Which was more than a trifle annoying, so after a total of 1¼ hours telephone debate with Plusnet and a very patient *Tech Guy, I got this:

*Have to say that I have always had the right treatment from Plusnet and their Tech peeps are proper blokes. Turns out that OR were carrying out works to our cabinet again, without informing ISP’s. More of my fellow villagers were subject to loss of phones and dial-up speeds again. OR vans will probably be stoned if it happens again, drivers lynched: we have the tree in mind, it hangs over the main road and will deter others, hanging an OR sign around their necks.

Unless my imagination is going bananas again… Must check my med’s.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Bob Williams.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

Spread the love
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 1,000

Unless my imagination is going bananas again… Must check my med’s.

No, Bob – it must be true – I read it on the internet!!!😂😋😣

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 2,431

Nice to get a second opinion JCD!

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 2,750

Probably the BT engineer fiddling with the Green Box — whenever we see the Openreach van nearby we never bother to start any major downloads or panic over Wifi drop out!

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 2,431

Probably the BT engineer fiddling with the Green Box — whenever we see the Openreach van nearby we never bother to start any major downloads or panic over Wifi drop out!

You are probably right Ed. Think I recorded the problems all the village had with BT and OR and the new cabinet last year. They totally underestimated fibre capacity. Result: whole system shut down, phones and internet collapsed, lots of very angry residents. Some lost phone as well as BB, most of us were reduced to ADSL  and dial up speeds when BT decided to cut the cable completely. We lost count of the number of OR engineers who came and fiddled with the old and new cabinets, trying to rectify what should have been better researched. Naturally, these engineers at the sharp end caught all the flak their bosses should have taken. The new cabinet is just around the corner from me* and in the village centre, opposite the shop, adjoining the A157.

*Hence my great download speeds, which are still great today and possibly 🤔😆 tomorrow. I think the wind is in the right direction atm, and there is a lot of it!

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 1,102

Unfortunately OR employs a few actual telephone engineers they have left over from the BT days and then they have a whole bunch of cable contractors that have had a two week training course.

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 1,744

Unfortunately OR employs a few actual telephone engineers they have left over from the BT days and then they have a whole bunch of cable contractors that have had a two week training course.

Possible correction, should that not read ‘too weak training course’?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love