Forumite

Can I still download a Win 10 1903 32bit ISO ?

HOME Forums Tech Windows Talk Can I still download a Win 10 1903 32bit ISO ?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Wheels-Of-Fire 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Boris
    @boris

The current MediaCreationTool1909.exe only seems to give you the option of downloading the latest 1909 versions – I need either a 1903 (18362.30) 32bit ISO or a copy of the previous MediaCreationTool1903.exe to make one.

Never trust an atom - they make up everything !

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Boris
    @boris
    Forumite Points: 1,703

Managed to find a copy of MediaCreationTool1903.exe – but it seems to have created the 1909 version ? – so I still need an ISO.

Boris
    @boris

Just tried this – https://www.howtogeek.com/427223/how-to-download-a-windows-10-iso-without-the-media-creation-tool/

but you now only get the Nov 19 option.

Anyone any other ideas ?

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 4,072

Just remind me.

Why do you need an earlier version ?

Boris
    @boris

It is a somewhat ancient laptop with SSD (running 1809 17763.864), and hasn’t yet been offered the chance to upgrade to 1903.

I am trying this at the moment https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool

– which I found at MajorGeeks hoping that it will produce what I want, but it is still slowly downloading what it says is a Win10_1903_V1_English_x32.iso.

EDIT – do I need the EnglishInternational version ? rather than this ?

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by Boris.

Alan Wood
    Participant
    @alanrwood
    Forumite Points: 935

I think the version of the downloader in the link is a pretty old one. The latest version can be found at

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/microsoft_windows_iso_download_tool.html

This gives you the option of several earlier versions of Win 10

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley

I still don’t quit get it Boris

If you have the latest ISO and try to install it over an older version it will offer you the chance to keep apps and settings, you then just get an upgrade install to the latest version with everything intact.

Sorry if that is not what you want.

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 3,035

It seems even if you get hold of an old (I have) media creation it’s of no use

It's said to be easy when you know how. If you don't know how, then you need the help of forumites.

Cheers
    John

Boris
    @boris

I still don’t quit get it Boris If you have the latest ISO and try to install it over an older version it will offer you the chance to keep apps and settings, you then just get an upgrade install to the latest version with everything intact. Sorry if that is not what you want.

SORRY – I think I have been overly confusing myself by what I read in the link I posted previously https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-IT-Pro-Blog/Windows-10-version-1909-delivery-options/ba-p/1002660

Before we describe what’s new, however, we want to clarify that if a device is running any version of Windows 10 earlier than version 1903, the process of updating to version 1909 will be the same as previous feature updates. This applies to devices managed with Windows Update or Windows Update for Business, or devices self-managed with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Configuration Manager, or other management tool. Again, for devices running Windows 10, version 1809 and previous, there is nothing new with the update process to version 1909.

I stupidly read this as meaning you had to go through a whole 1809 to 1903 to 1909 cycle, and couldn’t just skip 1903 completely – another sign of my reducing ability to read things properly 😎

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley

Oh I see

You can’t use quick update they talk about but you may be able to save some time.

If you are doing an upgrade install then you can mount the ISO in file explorer and just run setup from there. No need for a DVD or USB stick 😁

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!