Cant even play Ultimate epic battle simulator!

HOME Forums Tech PC Talk Cant even play Ultimate epic battle simulator!

This topic contains 41 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Marc Berry 11 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Marc Berry
    Participant
    @marc-knuckle

Hi guys

i just downloaded UEBS for my sons and thought i wouldnt have an issue playing it. however it constantly crashed with the main error saying something about low memory.  then by using windowed, 720p mode and setting all quality settings to Low it played one battle. the second battle crashed the whole computer so i could hear sound but the monitor led went amber indicating no signal.

the cpu should be fine, i7-2600k at 4ghz

memory is ‘only’ 8gb, could this be the issue? this was overkill last time i was looking at upgrades a few years back

my ssd is only, i think, 60gb and only has a couple of gig spare and i am constantly trying to free up space

the GPU is a radeon 5700.

motherboard is asus p8p67 i think without opening up the case

i tried upping the page file to 4096 but not sure this has really helped.

so,

1) any ideas if i can get it running with this set up?

2) if i have to upgrade anything, what would have the most chance of helping?

3) any other thoughts or suggestions?

cheers all

Spread the love
Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 1,066

I don’t think there’s anything that would be of higher spec for £20 – £30 that would actually make a difference.

As for licence transfer, your Windows 7 would need to have been a full retail version. Read this on how to do it https://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-windows-10-license-new-pc/

Personally I would buy a new product key from E-Bay for a couple of quid. I’ve bought loads.

Marc Berry
    Participant
    @marc-knuckle
    Forumite Points: 66

I don’t think there’s anything that would be of higher spec for £20 – £30 that would actually make a difference. As for licence transfer, your Windows 7 would need to have been a full retail version. Read this on how to do it https://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-windows-10-license-new-pc/ Personally I would buy a new product key from E-Bay for a couple of quid. I’ve bought loads.

cheers dave. so i havent installed windows for a couple of years. i presume i buy the key from ebay. some of those listings say they will provide a software link so i download that and burn to dvd as an iso. load into the disk drive after building the pc. follow the on screen prompts. i know this should come back to me as i used to do it quite regularly but i’m a bit unsure.

Dave Rice
    @ricedg

Yep, that’s pretty much it except you’re better off creating a bootable USB stick rather than a DVD.

You’ll download an app called Media Creation Tool that will do it all for you. Here’s the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

You don’t have to wait for the key to start creating the media.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Dave Rice.

Marc Berry
    Participant
    @marc-knuckle

Yep, that’s pretty much it except you’re better off creating a bootable USB stick rather than a DVD. You’ll download an app called Media Creation Tool that will do it all for you. Here’s the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 You don’t have to wait for the key to start creating the media.

i just tried to install the tool. firstly it only asked if i wanted to install windows 10 and didnt mention home or pro so i presume that just depends on the key i use. secondly, it wouldnt let me install as it said i need 8gb space available on C which i dont have.  any thoughts?

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 1,729

Run the Windows Disk Clean-up utility, use the option to clean up System files and pretty much delete everything it allows – especially the files used for Windows updates. My guess is that you have 7GB of cruff hiding there!

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Ed P.

Marc Berry
    Participant
    @marc-knuckle

Run the Windows Disk Clean-up utility, use the option to clean up System files and pretty much delete everything it allows – especially the files used for Windows updates. My guess is that you have 7GB of cruff hiding there!

just tried that, saved less than 200mb unfortuantely. i figured as we would be losing the steam games anyway until i reinstall them on the new pc, i removed left 4 dead 2 and that saved enough.

so, i am running the utility now. again, just to check, the key i buy would be the thing that determines pro as opposed to home?

Dave Rice
    @ricedg

Yes, you buy either a Home or Pro key. You’ll want to download the 64 bit version of whichever (the key does both 32 and 64 bit).

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps

just tried that, saved less than 200mb unfortuantely. i figured as we would be losing the steam games anyway until i reinstall them on the new pc, i removed left 4 dead 2 and that saved enough. so, i am running the utility now. again, just to check, the key i buy would be the thing that determines pro as opposed to home?

Unusual, normally there is a LOT more than that! Have you done this step?

Marc Berry
    Participant
    @marc-knuckle

just tried that, saved less than 200mb unfortuantely. i figured as we would be losing the steam games anyway until i reinstall them on the new pc, i removed left 4 dead 2 and that saved enough. so, i am running the utility now. again, just to check, the key i buy would be the thing that determines pro as opposed to home?

Unusual, normally there is a LOT more than that! Have you done this step?

i did follow that but mine doesnt have the windows update option. thumbnails is the last one in the list.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps

You may need to do it from an Admin account. I’m afraid I no longer have a Win7 to play with, but sometimes things are concealed unless you are running as an Administrator.

Marc Berry
    Participant
    @marc-knuckle

You may need to do it from an Admin account. I’m afraid I no longer have a Win7 to play with, but sometimes things are concealed unless you are running as an Administrator.

It is windows 10 and as far as I know I am admin. However, moot point as soon I should have the new one up and running. I’ll report back. Cheers guys

Marc Berry
    Participant
    @marc-knuckle

hi all.

so i got it set up and booted first time. yay.

it plays UEBS great. i havent gone far enough to make it into low FPS as the lowest i got it was 60+fps with some quite good numbers of ‘fighters’ and on high settings so i will try my best to push it to it’s limits. makes me wonder what extra people get out of using extremely high end graphics cards. a few extra fps?

now it comes to what to do with the old kit. do i sell as a 90% built PC (i took out the hdd, sdd and 1 optical drive, leaving the blue ray player) or do i break it up and sell the parts? i guess i would be likely to get more money for the parts but it is more hassle packaging and posting etc.  any thoughts? it has some pretty decent bits and pieces, just not up to playing recent games at decent graphics settings so hopefully it would make a decent pc for someone.

Marc Berry
    Participant
    @marc-knuckle

i wanted to post seperate to the last post i made as it is a different piece of info.

i have had to return the corsair cx450m psu. i slightly knocked the side of the case (really was a gentle knock, not hard at all) and there started a rattle somewhere in the case. i took the side off and it was from the psu. i tapped the psu and the rattle stopped.

so i ordered the evga supernova 550 g3 that should come tomorrow. more expensive but gets decent reviews although some say a little loud at load.

any thoughts on the above post as well?

Dave Rice
    @ricedg

Never had that issue with Corsair and I use them a lot.

Sell complete or in parts? Not sure there’s a correct answer. You could spend £40 on a new HDD install Windows 10 on it (as the PC has had W10 on it it will automatically activate). Then it would be a going concern.

Marc Berry
    Participant
    @marc-knuckle

Never had that issue with Corsair and I use them a lot. Sell complete or in parts? Not sure there’s a correct answer. You could spend £40 on a new HDD install Windows 10 on it (as the PC has had W10 on it it will automatically activate). Then it would be a going concern.

Yes, never had a similar issue to that across the few power supplies I’ve used.

Not sure what you mean with ‘going concern’

Dave Rice
    @ricedg

I meant a working PC out of the box, not one that needs some work and parts.

Marc Berry
    Participant
    @marc-knuckle

I will leave the ssd in. Is it enough to use Windows own reset option in Recovery before selling on?

Marc Berry
    Participant
    @marc-knuckle

I’ve decided to sell as parts.

Do I need to do anything special to wipe the ssd first?

Guess I’ll need some anti static bags to package the parts too

Marc Berry
    Participant
    @marc-knuckle

so i have now started to clean and package the parts. i am still not sure if a simple format in windows wipes an SSD as i know they are different to HDDs when it comes to this. i downloaded the trial of easeus but it didnt seem to do anything without paying for a full version.

any thoughts welcome

Dave Rice
    @ricedg

They don’t make it easy. You need the free version, not the trial download.

Go here and click the Blue download button, you’ll be asked for your email addy.

You’ll be asked for it again the first time you do anything, but after that it shouldn’t ask again.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love