Forumite

Car MOT ext

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    johnbarry
    @johnbarry

My car MOT was due to run out March but I had it done early (Annual MOT rules) It would have expired in the lockdown the Goverment have given a 6 month extension.

Does this include my MOT meanning next year it will be due Oct not March, I am not using the car so it’s should remain sound.

• This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by johnbarry.

Cheers
    John

Viewing 12 replies - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 13,468

As a champion of independent local garage businesses, and recalling how daily working life used to be, I hope that the good ones survive and the ones riding to work wearing a Stetson hat, mounted on a pony, go to the wall. All local small business need to survive this catastrophe, of course, but I remember some tough times. During the 84 Miners’ strike in a pit village garage, work was hand to mouth at times. Considering the times then, when I say we lost £24,000 by having to auction unsold sales vehicles, you may understand why all of us took a pay cut and the owner remortgaged. Meanwhile one striking NCB ‘fitter’ was carrying out repairs in his backyard.

We never again sold vehicles, but used the space for extra MOT and repairs accommodation, and we had to sell of our burgeoning Hire business. It was tough: this will be tougher I believe. Best of luck to everyone here with a small business.

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
    I'm out.

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 5,636

But shows my attention to detail is serious lacking!

So long as you remember the really important things in life like the wife’s birthday and anniversaries!!! :yahoo:

Participant
    Boris
    @boris
    Forumite Points: 2,027

The MOT on Mrs B’s Note was due to expire on 29th June. Checked today and it has been extended to 29th December :). She has not actually driven it since 24th January (when she had a TIA) and when the doc said she was able to drive again in mid March along came Lockdown.  I have not put any fuel in it since January, and it has only done 200 miles in 2020 :good:

Never trust an atom - they make up everything !

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 7,529

Boris, fill it up with fuel, ASAP.

Lack of fuel can result in condensation in the tank and possibly rust.

Participant
    Boris
    @boris
    Forumite Points: 2,027

I’d love to buy some of this cheap fuel, but it is 95% full – it has only done 20 miles since I filled it just after her TIA.

It has been stood on pumped up tyres/hand brake off/in gear/ chocked wheels with the battery disconnected and trickle charged in the garage.

Never trust an atom - they make up everything !

Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2

Open the filler cap for about 10 minutes Boris. I know all tanks have breather pipes to atmosphere, but that helps vent fumes.

I'm out.

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee

After an email exchange with MB Customer Services they have arranged for my local dealer to honour the free service given by the dealer I bought the car from last year. I’ve just rung and booked it in for the 15th July, the car will get a £325 service for free. I’ve also booked an MoT for the same day. They’re even collecting it and dropping it back to me.

Result!! :good: :yahoo:

Participant
    The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 11,715

But shows my attention to detail is serious lacking!

So long as you remember the really important things in life like the wife’s birthday and anniversaries!!! :yahoo:

I can’t forget her anniversary, I’m cleaver, I mad sure it is the same as mine B-)

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee

I can’t forget her anniversary, I’m cleaver, I mad sure it is the same as mine

:yes: :yahoo:

Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2

Yeah, love that!

I'm out.

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee

After an email exchange with MB Customer Services they have arranged for my local dealer to honour the free service given by the dealer I bought the car from last year. I’ve just rung and booked it in for the 15th July, the car will get a £325 service for free. I’ve also booked an MoT for the same day. They’re even collecting it and dropping it back to me. Result!! :good: :yahoo:

Just had the call from my local dealer, who collected the car at 8am today, telling me the service was all sorted with the selling dealer billed, MoT done ( passed with no advisories ), a minor recall issue updated too and it’s on its way back me now.

One happy JCD!!

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 7,529

Result!

:good:

Viewing 12 replies - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.