Cheap 60 inch tv

HOME Forums TV, Film and Music TV, Film & Music Cheap 60 inch tv

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Ed P 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic

The Duke
    @sgb101

Needs to be cheap and fast delivery.

Any one got any links?

Spread the love
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 1,917

How cheap?

ASDA usually have some in store for not a lot or there’s this one from John Lewis.

My Instagram

My YouTube

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 1,394

There is a problem with really big LCD screens and its called light bleed. The perspex diffuser panel only has to twist a little bit and light will escape at the bend. The areas most prone to this are the corners where the screen meets the frame and it shows up most if you are watching a widescreen film with black bars top and bottom.

My 49 inch Samsung sometimes shows mild light bleed in the bottom right corner and it depends entirely on the temperature.

Apparently the cure is to slacken the frame screws a tad or rub the affected area gently with a soft cloth or both but I haven’t bothered trying either yet 😁

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 2,935

Steve Richer Sounds have good deals and a 6 year guarantee:

http://tinyurl.com/y4pjoa9e

Unfortunately, nearest one to you is Chester.

http://tinyurl.com/y4qne6q6

They have 55″ and 65″, don’t mention a 60″.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 2,448

Thanks for the responce, it turned out it was a 55 inch we needed. Far cheaper, and easier to find.

The VFM Addict
    Participant
    @thevfmaddict
    Forumite Points: 786

Going to the other extreme has anyone ever tried one of these

Might be useful when out and about and want to watch the footie or Wimbledon both of which I find a pain on a phone.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Here's hoping the Mad Tangerine of the West and the Mad Monk of the East stay friends or we're all in trouble

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 1,394

Not tried one of those but I do watch films with my Oculus Gear VR. It puts you in the font row of an empty cinema and you can look around at all the empty seats if you like. The only thing is it gives me eye strain after a couple of hours. Maybe if you could move yourself a few rows back it would help 😁

The VFM Addict
    Participant
    @thevfmaddict
    Forumite Points: 786

Can’t get on with VR headsets and anyway I’d feel foolish siting in the pub wearing one.   But one of those things I linked to might work on the table when the pubs not got a match on or not the one I’m interested in.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Here's hoping the Mad Tangerine of the West and the Mad Monk of the East stay friends or we're all in trouble

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 2,935

Back when John Logie Baird’s black and white idea was fairly new, I had a mate whose dad bought a magnifying screen for their TV, which had a screen of 21″ or thereabouts, IIRC. Certainly not as tiny as my brother’s 14″ Vidor, a good bit bigger. The magnifier assembly was screwed to the edges of the screen with a framework and almost obscured some controls. It made the picture almost ‘goldfish bowl’ shape, but no comment was allowed as my mate’s dad was a big drunken control freak and he had bought the thing: you did not oppose this bloke, or denigrate anything he possessed. No idea why he thought it was a good idea, as the set was a nice Ferguson and the picture was very good.

A plot was in order, with a cast of 3 other mates. Waiting until his dad was well into a pub session and mam shopping in Mansfield, we made sure that all of us were seen in a local beauty spot, sneaked back while his dad was at work, removed and dumped it back at the spot again, where it would never be found. We messed up the lounge as if for a break – in before we transported it. His dad came home so plastered, missed all the mess and went to bed. His mam apparently found the mess and woke dad, who raged about thieves, called the police but did not suspect a thing.

We kids used to stand up for each other and we still do now we are older: still in touch with the survivors. Most of whom are women, of course. Mate’s dad eventually died in his 40’s of a heart attack and the fainting attacks his son was prone to at school, stopped. So did his bruises. Pit village solidarity, long gone.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 3,227

A projector is another option – from cheap to naffing expensive: link

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love