Forumite

Chrome and Firefox Phishing

HOME Forums Tech Security Talk Chrome and Firefox Phishing

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Richard 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 2,303

Thank you Tippon; warning, be careful how you search in Firefox . If you do it the wrong way you will not find the entry – I missed it the first time.

All corrected now, so thank you.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 3,965

Many thanks Tippon, sorted that. Addition to Richard’s warning: mistake can be made if you do not type “about:config” in the LOCATION bar. (the bar directly underneath the Firefox tab.)

I picked that up by reading your comment Richard, which made me think, thanks.

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

doctoryorkie
    Participant
    @doctoryorkie
    Forumite Points: 2

+1. :good:

Laptop T420 i5 8GB SSD 2x Spinners Optimus GFX
    HTPC 5350 8GB SSD 2x Spinners Antec 300
    Desktop 2700K 16GB Revo x2 GTX570SC Antec900
    Server N54L 8GB SSD 6x Spinners HD6450

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman

Apparently the problem has been splashing about in the mud for years, perhaps as far back as 2005 without anyone taking action.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 3,965

Apparently the problem has been splashing about in the mud for years, perhaps as far back as 2005 without anyone taking action.

Well, we just did Richard!  :good: :yahoo:

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman

Well, we just did Richard! :good: :yahoo:

I meant to put in place a fix, though apparently IE is not affected, or so I am told. The problem sort of comes with stop gaps adopted without thinking them through at the technical level, in spite of several past attempts to start a solution.

Edited typos.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 4,636

I meant to put in place a fix, though apparently IE is not affected, or so I am told. The problem sort of comes with stop gaps adopted without thinking them through at the technical level, in spite of several past attempts to start a solution. Edited typos.

Unless things have changed IE is completely vulnerable. I’m not certain about Edge as I do not have a Phishing example to use.

link

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 2,018

@edps There’s an example site in the link above  :good:

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 4,636

It will not work in Edge because the certificate is forged.

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman

I meant to put in place a fix, though apparently IE is not affected, or so I am told. The problem sort of comes with stop gaps adopted without thinking them through at the technical level, in spite of several past attempts to start a solution. Edited typos.

Unless things have changed IE is completely vulnerable. I’m not certain about Edge as I do not have a Phishing example to use. link

I do not usually use IE, but I tried it this morning and the response was to not show the spoofed result but to show the address in garbled characters, just as the modified Firefox does. This will not stop numpties but should give others fair warning. I cannot be bothered to try Edge as I find it too slow and hard to figure out what Edge is doing, besides I have to take someone to hospital shortly.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.