consumable item non return

HOME Forums Food and Drink Other Food & Drink Topics consumable item non return

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by dwynnehugh 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

I never knew about this nor did I see it on purchase.

I purchased the wrong item off Amazon and tried return it. The ruturn page said This item isn’t eligible for return.

So I contacted Amazon, they contacted the seller, the seller said Unfortunately as this a consumable item we are unable to accept a return order, I contacted Amazon, they contacted the seller, the seller said As previously mentioned we can not process any returns on unwanted consumable products.

I tried to contact Amazon, the phone system is down?

The sachets are untouched the box isn’t open, the postage cover is still on.

Why can’t they have them back, what’s this mean ! as this a consumable item !

• This topic was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by johnbarry.

Cheers
    John

Spread the love
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Alan Wood
    Participant
    @alanrwood
    Forumite Points: 615

This is quite normal. Although you say the items are still sealed there are some misguided individuals in this world who could tamper with the product and make it dangerous. Unlikely I appreciate in your case but these things have happened in the past.

dwynnehugh
    Participant
    @dwynnehugh
    Forumite Points: 819

Hi JB,

I have to agree with Alen on this as unfortunate as it is for you. There are people in this world who would not stop to think about tampering with such items – a very small hole in an inconspicuous part of the box and a small amount of blood / red ink squirted in – the customer who unwittingly buys that off the shelf post your return …..!!!!!??????? It’s very much like underwear once purchased then they cannot be returned unless faulty.

It’s one of the downsides of ‘on-line’ purchases of this nature – you don’t get to touch it before you part with your cash.

The more you meet people the more you understand why Noah took animals instead of humans

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 1,604

Thanks for the info Alan, Dave, I never looked at it like that.

It’s a good point, just a shame everyone is judged in the same way, but that’s it today.

I can’t say as I have ever noticed it happen from a real High St shop, so it must be online purchases.

It’s still ongoing with Myself – Amazon and the Market Place Seller.

Cheers
    John

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 3,360

Tampering with the goods is sadly part of Western life. That is one reason why most consumables have anti-tamper security packing. Unfortunately this stuff will only protect store goods as most of it would be fairly easily overcome if you were to take it out of the store.

In India it was not uncommon to find bottles of ‘scotch’ where someone had carefully drilled through the bottom of the bottle, syringed out the scotch and replaced it with coloured water (or worse). The hole would then be sealed with wax or something.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Ed P.

dwynnehugh
    Participant
    @dwynnehugh

People will do many strange things – many years ago whilst on CID I was called to an address by the manufacturer of a very well known brand of baby disposable nappies – the purchaser had found a very nasty thumb size piece of sharp glass in the crotch area. A ‘compo’ scam no doubt – and I am 100% certain of that knowing the claimant.

Although slightly different to JB’s problem – people will do, and do, do many things to seek compo. He didn’t get it.

The more you meet people the more you understand why Noah took animals instead of humans

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 1,350

I’ll add to this. I don’t buy food items from 3rd parties on amazon, just amazon them self. Prime now usually. I have had to send things back many times but each and every time they have refunded me and told me to keep the items. This could be beer, cat treats and many other items they deliver wrong or no longer require.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by RSB.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 1,604

RSB Had I have known (before hand, the game I am playing) I wouln’t (and will now never) purchase from a third party.

I have purchased Amazon products and been told to keep it after a refund, some I have returned no probs.

Cheers
    John

Alan Wood
    Participant
    @alanrwood
    Forumite Points: 615

Just as another example. Try returning unused unopened prescription medicines to the pharmacy that issued them and although they will take them back they securely destroy them in case of possible tampering.

dwynnehugh
    Participant
    @dwynnehugh

Alan – that is absolutely spot on.

Unfortunately the system of complaining to Amazon about something you have received usually ends up, as mentioned here, with them telling you to keep the old/damaged item and give you a new one. Anyone with a modicum of common sense will realise that for very many this can be a very lucrative scam, pay for 1, complain, get a replacement, sell the original!  Although some may consider this  entrepreneurism, we all pay more at the outset to cover those who commit these scams. Some 25+ years ago I know that Tesco were adding 1.5p to each and every item price to cover shoplifting.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love