Contacts or dialler app with favourites

HOME Forums Tech Android Talk Contacts or dialler app with favourites

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by The Duke 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon

Can anyone recommend a contacts or dialler app that lets me select favourites, lets me display them in a grid, and lets me set the favourites list as the default for when I open the dialler?

CyanogenMod on the OnePlus One had it, and I got used to it, but I can’t find the option to do it on the Honor 9.

Spread the love
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 1,559

True caller dialer app shows your favourites first when you enter contacts. Though it’s a list not a grid.

Then when your favourite list ends the rest starts in alphabetical order.

My favourite dialer is the stock one, but as i use TC it works out nicer to use there dialer too. Also more often ten not when inputting new phone numbers it auto populates peoples names and carrier which freaks a lot of people out. Which i love seeing.

Cm mod used TC as its default dialer .

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 935

Thanks Steve.

I’ve just had a quick look at the True Caller dialler, and it’s different to the one on the 1+1. I’ll have a play with it and see how I get on. It looks like Cyanogen had their own dialler that used TC, but was still different.

The annoying part is, I’ve got the 1+ here, and I can’t find any info on the dialler…

The Duke
    @sgb101

I don’t know what dialer 1+ now uses since their split with cm.

The baked in version of TC on CM was better than the standalone app. Or was when i moved from the 1+1 to my nexus 6p a few years ago. I can’t recall what was better, just that it was. Still i think the appย  is one of the best out there, bit only if you want the full benefits of TC service. If your not bothered about that. I think the stock google dialer is good.

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon

Actually, looking at the stock dialler, it does everything I want TC to do, apart from identify personal numbers. Seeing as that rarely works for me anyway, this may be the way to go.

Or it would be if I could install it! Apparently it’s not compatible with any of my devices. Sometimes I hate technology…

The Duke
    @sgb101

Update.ย  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VUe_U4ubAbFxw1bHv-Qv62C2w7y8zuxz/view?usp=drivesdk

Lol, would you like me to install it ony phone, and rip the zip and send it you for side load?

Link above to my gdrive with the google dialer

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by The Duke.

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon

Thanks Steve ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s just updated Contacts though, and done nothing with the dialler. I looked online, and apparently if Google Play says it’s incompatible, then that’s it, even if you get the .apk

I also found that Huawei are releasing Oreo for the Honor 9, so hopefully I’ll get that soon and have more options ๐Ÿ™

EDIT: I may have found one. Dialer by SimplerApps. Completely free and seems to do it all. I’ll play with it over the next few days.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simpler.dialer

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Tippon. Reason: To avoid a double post

The Duke
    @sgb101

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18dWKWYYmA3kLfwnG6cRZ9OYgAfm9g8pU/view?usp=drivesdk

Lol I’m an idiot I ripped the contact apk and mot the dialer try the above.again its ripp3d staifhtvfrom my device and is on my cloud.

I can be simple.

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon

๐Ÿ˜‚ย No comment!ย ๐Ÿ˜‡

I just tried to install it, and get the error message that it’s not compatible with my device. Looks like I’m sticking with the other one for now.

Thanks for the files though Steve ๐Ÿ™‚

The Duke
    @sgb101

Very strange it still refused to install . I’ve never seen that happen before. Maybe because the dialer has long tentacles in to the os, it just isn’t comparable.

Sorry. There is loads out there, I’m sire you can find some.

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon

That’s odd, I thought I replied last night?

Either way, thanks for trying Steve ๐Ÿ™‚ I think I’m sticking with the Simpler dialer though. It’s let me start with my favourites, and in the order that I choose, and it’s got the option to either dial or open the properties first. In the properties it’s got shortcuts to text, call, WhatsApp, email, or block the caller, along with an arrow that takes you to the contact’s full info, like secondary numbers and emails.

The more I’m playing with it, the more I think it will be good for Ellen’s grandfather too – set it to open the properties first, and he’s more likely to use WhatsApp and texting because it’s in front of him. They both take you to an existing conversation with that contact, so probably easier for a novice.

The Duke
    @sgb101

I missed this one.

True callers default is to call the primary number when you select a contact name, or long press to open the contacts to see the same options you discrine. In the settings you can set it to open contact on a press. I always have it set that way. As i was constantly calling people by mistake.

Though I’m glad you found a dialer that suits you. That’s the joy of android choice.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love