Contents displayed back to front

HOME Forums Tech Linux Talk Contents displayed back to front

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Les. 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Les.
    Participant
    @oldles

Something odd happened about 3 weeks ago, a nuisance, but not something very important. Whenever I sell a copy of my three phase rotary converter design thro Ebay, I send the purchaser an introductory email, together with four attachments. A Q&A, a components build list, a list of other parts suppliers I have used, and a few parts I have for sale. I click “Attach” in the normal way, navigate to the folder containing these PDF files  and the originating Libre Office documents. However, they are now all in reverse order, which totally confused me at first, but which I now find just annoying.

If I navigate to any folder when NOT doing an attachment, the display is perfectly normal, with the “A”s and “B”s at top LHS and the “y”s and “z”s bottom RHS. Everything is normal, except when selecting a folder for attachments. Suggestions (other than a re-install which would probably just carry it over at any rate) please.

Les.

Spread the love
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 3,715

Order of adding attachments, or alpha order for attachments?

I’m not 100% sure what is your problem. Screen shots please!

D-Dan
    Participant
    @d-dan
    Forumite Points: 1,294

Have you tried clicking the column header?

Ryzen 7 1800X, 16 GB, 6 (yes - 6) HDs inc 2 SSDs, 4 RPi 3Bs + 1 RPi 4B - one as an NFS server with two more drives, PiHole (shut yours), Plex server, cloud server, and other random Pi stuff. Nice CoolerMaster case, NV GTX 1060 6GB, and a whopping 32" AOC 1440P monitor.

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 1,780

I’m a little confused too, but I think you mean the file window that lets you choose the attachments. If so, When you get the screen similar to the one I’ve added below, just right click a blank space in it and click Sort By. Change the selection from Descending to Ascending and you should be right.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Les.
    Participant
    @oldles
    Forumite Points: 543

Tippon, you understood it, but your suggestion did not work. Screen shot attached.I clicked where the mouse pointer is, but the display is “attached” to the top file which was already selected when I landed there. The fault is plain to see here.

If I navigate to any file or folder, NOT whilst attaching, the view is the usual one expected, as seen in the second screenshot.

Les.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 1,780

Sorry, I saw your post through the forums Most Recent view, and didn’t realise it was a Linux question.

In the first screenshot  just clicking on the Name bar near the top of the dialogue box should do it  Just left click once.

Les.
    Participant
    @oldles
    Forumite Points: 543

Tippon, many thank. I clicked on the little triangle next to “Size”, and that did it, like magic. I now see the little triangle points down, not up as in screen shot.

Just something else for me to remember, or more likely to forget.

Cheers, Job well done.

Les.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love