Windows 10 Cumulative Updates

HOME Forums Tech Windows Talk Windows 10 Cumulative Updates

This topic contains 99 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by JayCeeDee 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • Author

Alan Wood
    Participant
    @alanrwood
    Forumite Coins: 231

Wow I am on 1709.16299.214, does this mean I am ahead of the game?

Aren’t you the lucky one. Guess the rest of us have this trial to surmount yet.

Are you on the normal release schedule or the advanced schedule.

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Coins: 1,054

Normal as far as I know. I ended up on the ‘several steps behind schedule’ for a while until I forced the major updates to resume via the download of the update package on a USB key. I cannot now remember which one was very slow to arrive but most of the family machines stepped over one because they were all out of synch. Since then updates have arrived more or less normally. I delayed and delayed doing daughter’s machine and then just as I was thinking I must act it woke up and went ahead anyway. My wife saw the different screen, had a mild panic attack but most things were OK. Only the WHS launcher is abnormal it runs faceless, but still backs up ok. I tried the old uninstall and re-install but it still sulks perhaps I should try an uninstall a restart and go again.  Because of her state of mind I worry about going near her machine unless the hounds of hell have been unleashed.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Coins: 501

Looked earlier and there were 2 updates sitting on the update screen awaiting re-start, told it to re-start and I’m up on to 192 atm.👍

Boris
    @boris
    Forumite Coins: 354

Here we go again !

February 13, 2018—KB4074588 (OS Build 16299.248) – quality improvements

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4074588

Location - Twixt Severn and Wye
    Status - "Retired" - but not as far as my wife is concerned !!

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman

Yes, it made a big song and dance about taking care of my interests with a message on screen, but at least it installed quite quickly, though with a reboot. I did not want to keep it hanging about so got it done while I brewed tea or something else. At least the services all restarted without a problem, this has not always been the case so manually starting them has been the order of the day.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee

Just went through reasonably straightforward – slight hang on “updating personalised desktop” but left for a minute it all came through OK.

Boris
    @boris

Another – March 5, 2018—KB4090913 (OS Build 16299.251) – quality improvements

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4090913/march5-2018kb4090913osbuild16299-251

Boris
    @boris

9 days on – another one March 13, 2018—KB4088776 (OS Build 16299.309) – improvements and fixes

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4088776

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Coins: 1,315

The old one ‘broke’ Windows Explorer for me (needed to do an Explorer restart in Task Manager), the fixed one is fine..

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Coins: 1,009

Windows 10 cumulative update KB4090913 and KB4088785

Downloads, await restart, on restart it’s not installing. Then checking installed updates, it says failed to install. It downloads again and goes through the above.

It’s become a viscious circle, how can I stop it, it’s eating my bandwidth.

It says it’s for creators edition 1709 I have that version.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by johnbarry.

Cheers
    John

Boris
    @boris

I wondered why the machine was crawling along – now I know 🙂

March 22, 2018—KB4089848 (OS Build 16299.334)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4089848

even more “quality improvements” !

Boris
    @boris

“Quality improvements” yet again

April 10, 2018—KB4093112 (OS Build 16299.371)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4093112

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Coins: 827

Failed on my V110 laptop first time, second time all OK.

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman

Oh don’t say that I had that issue last month with one of my portables and I have yet to do the two family machines, one starting at this moment…

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman

The older one done going straight through, but the newer one failed the first time and now ‘undoing the changes‘ very slowly…

Boris
    @boris

I have had 3 out of 3 successful – so far

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman

My or rather the families newer portable threw its toys out of the basket and it was the whole stop this stop that and rename the other folly to get the install to go ahead, so four done and one to go. The user of that is really not famous for tolerance on a good day, today is not a good day. Forget bear with a sore head, the bear would come off second best so I am now settling for 4 out of 4 done, three good but…

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee

Mine, that couldn’t get past Anniversary Edition, has now just updated the last 3 or 4 updates without any drama – searching for a tree to cuddle!! – but they have all been relatively minor ones.

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon
    Forumite Coins: 760

Without thinking, I told my computer to update and shutdown before I removed the hard drive to install a replacement. Walked out of the room to make a coffee, and heard the computer restart. Came back to an error message along the lines of no boot record found. Couldn’t boot from a Windows USB drive either, as that would fall over once it found the error.

Several hours of trying live discs later and I managed to get the USB drive to boot. Found out that the update had done something to either the drive letters, or the boot record. Copied everything from F: (100MB drive) to G: (what has always been C: )and got back into Windows. Used EasyBCD to wipe and set up the boot record, and it seems to be working so far. (Still no idea why it chose those letters though!)

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Coins: 1,315

It naffed up a bunch of short-cut desktop file ownerships for me that required a restart to fix.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.