Tech Windows Talk Windows 10 Cumulative Updates

This topic contains 65 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by JayCeeDee 4 days, 19 hours ago. This post has been viewed 1848 times

Viewing 9 posts - 55 through 63 (of 66 total)
  • Author

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    • Total Posts 563
    • @jayceedee
      Forumite Coins: 105

Cheers Graham, – yes, I’ve been trying that already with a USB stick and a DVD, both bootable, from the UEFI Bios. Having real grief. Got it to install once, but no Internet connection, despite being ethernet connected to the router and my phone able to access the internet by WiFi, also the screen res was awful with no suitable adjustments available.

In the end I formatted the SSD and tried again, but just end up with a re-boot/Uefi screen loop or offering recovery mode which also goes nowhere. Tried removing various options quoted as problematic, such as second screen, USB external drives, internet access etc, but still no joy. Hence the attempt through windows with the iso copied to the SSD.

Cheers for the info anyway.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    • Total Posts 563
    • @jayceedee

Sorry for double post but…………………………………..

Well, it’s an over-used expression, but you could have knocked me down with a feather today. I checked the computer first thing this morning and was greeted with the “Downloading Windows 10” screen at 11%. Thought, make yourself some breakfast, watch a bit of TV and check it out later.

Got a bit busy and have just come back to it now. Turned it on and I was greeted with an MS Edge window titled “Welcome to the Fall Creators Update”. Checked Winver and it’s showing 1709 Build 16299.125.

Seems it didn’t like what I was threatening to do and decided to do what was required of it after all!! Yeah right!!! I’m not sure whether to put it down to perseverance or good fortune, but I’m glad it got there in the end.

Cheers all.

Alan Wood
    Participant
    • Total Posts 81
    • @alanrwood
      Forumite Coins: 71

Sorry to be a downer but you still have a fair way to go.

The latest version is   1709.16299.192

It will most likely download these updates over the next few days or try a manual update to get it out of the way. Take a backup first just in case.

Richard
    Participant
    • Total Posts 679
    • @sawboman
      Forumite Coins: 270

Wow I am on 1709.16299.214, does this mean I am ahead of the game?

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    • Total Posts 563
    • @jayceedee

Now I’m finally on 1709 I can sort out ( or it may well do that by itself  as Alan says ) the smaller revisions. Happy to have got to this stage.👍

Alan Wood
    Participant
    • Total Posts 81
    • @alanrwood

Aren’t you the lucky one. Guess the rest of us have this trial to surmount yet.

Alan Wood
    Participant
    • Total Posts 81
    • @alanrwood

Aren’t you the lucky one. Guess the rest of us have this trial to surmount yet.

Are you on the normal release schedule or the advanced schedule.

Richard
    Participant
    • Total Posts 679
    • @sawboman
      Forumite Coins: 270

Normal as far as I know. I ended up on the ‘several steps behind schedule’ for a while until I forced the major updates to resume via the download of the update package on a USB key. I cannot now remember which one was very slow to arrive but most of the family machines stepped over one because they were all out of synch. Since then updates have arrived more or less normally. I delayed and delayed doing daughter’s machine and then just as I was thinking I must act it woke up and went ahead anyway. My wife saw the different screen, had a mild panic attack but most things were OK. Only the WHS launcher is abnormal it runs faceless, but still backs up ok. I tried the old uninstall and re-install but it still sulks perhaps I should try an uninstall a restart and go again.  Because of her state of mind I worry about going near her machine unless the hounds of hell have been unleashed.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    • Total Posts 563
    • @jayceedee

Looked earlier and there were 2 updates sitting on the update screen awaiting re-start, told it to re-start and I’m up on to 192 atm.👍

Viewing 9 posts - 55 through 63 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members Currently Active: 3
Sawboman, JayCeeDee, tina10
Keymaster | Moderator | Participant | Spectator | Blocked
Additional Forum Statistics
Threads: 983, Posts: 12,319, Members: 136
Welcome to our newest member, neucarepamphgesp
Most users ever online was 11 on June 5, 2017 1:36 pm