Forumite

Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

HOME Forums Tech Other Tech Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Delivery Status Notification (Failure) 2Jukebox
    @jukebox

Hi All. I am receiving these notifications pretty well every day now, often 2 or 3 a day. The message says ‘

Message not delivered. There was a problem delivering your message to noreply@108265769313759315977.3plet.info. See the technical details below:-

‘Your email to group noreply@108265769313759315977.3plet.info was rejected due to spam classification. The owner of the group can choose to enable message moderation instead of bouncing these emails. More information can be found here: https://support.google.com/a/answer/168383.’

The ‘group’ is different every time.

My questions are
    1. How can I stop them? I’ve tried changing passwords to no avail (or maybe I’ve changed the wrong ones!)
    2. Does the fact that the message refers to google.com indicate that the problem is with my gmail account even though the messages go to my aol account?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Best regards, John

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Delivery Status Notification (Failure) 3JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 4,811

AOL have been causing problems with day to day operations for some time now. Coincidentally, or not!!, from about the same time as they sent emails out to all account holders about OATH overseeing AOL, whilst still under the Verizon umbrella.

I bucked at some of their t’s and c’s but stayed on for a while, but problem after problem has led me to migrate almost completely to Gmail. AOL whinged about letting Thunderbird access their emails, the easiest method for me to collect my mail, as it wasn’t secure enough apparently, but accessing their mail page from a browser became problematic as their 2-step authorisation meant

• Web browser
    • Start login
    • Get code by Text
    • ┬áinsert code
    • complete login

and if you clicked the wrong button by mistake it sent you a password reset link – I just got fed up. Prior to all that, having LastPass, I just clicked on the button to login in – simples!!

I’ve installed the AOL app on my phone and now at the beginning of each month I run through it, clear out the (multitude ) of cr*p and forward anything important to my gmail account, migrating each account that used aol on the login. 12 months after the start of that process I’ll close it down completely.

The sooner i’m finally rid, the better.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.