DPD have no clue!

HOME Forums Other Stuff DPD have no clue!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by PlaneMan 11 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

PlaneMan
    @planeman

For the first time ever DPD have let me down with a delivery, and in a BIG way.

The app and website were reporting delivery yesterday, I had a few appointments so took anything valuable out of the little shed that’s in the porch area of my house and left instructions to leave the parcel there if there was no answer.

Nothing all day and they deliver until 10pm so I waited. Still nothing. I just got of the phone with them (use the app to dial, you skip most of the queue) and the main depot has no idea where my parcel is and the Cardiff depot isn’t answering the phone for them or anyone else!

I’m awaiting a call back, not holding my breath!

My Instagram

My YouTube

Spread the love
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 1,804

That IS unusual for DPD Nolan. I recently had an Amazon Seller problem, with box.co – I posted about this: my 2 fans, supposedly delivered by Hermes, disappeared. In their place I received a package for a guy in Haulfryn, with a nice Intel SSD. My address on the outer packaging, his inside on the Invoice/receipt. Eventually sent his back for local collection and recived my fans as Next Day, delivered by DPD.

I suppose **** happens from time to time, but when you make arrangements, perhaps miss a day’s work or an appointment and don’t get a delivery on the arranged day, it is frustrating. Problem in my case could have been made worse by the 3 organisations involved: Amazon, their Seller box.co and Hermes the delivery company. I expected them to squabble over it, but box owned up, apologised and it was sorted.

Good luck in getting your delivery sorted.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 1,075

I’ve now had 3 phone calls, the first was from the depot at Hinckley and they said the parcel was at the Cardiff depot. Cardiff depot rang about 15 minutes after them and said it was at Hinckley! Hinckley then rang about half an hour ago and said it WAS there and will now be delivered by 10.30 am tomorrow. Nobody can explain what happened and why I was getting updates via the app and email when nothing was actually going on.😕

What a fricking palaver! If it doesn’t turn up tomorrow I’m going to the Cardiff depot on Friday to raise hell.

My Instagram

My YouTube

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 1,804

What a bummer! An apology is the least you deserve out of all that incompetence. Absolute inability of the left hand to cooperate with the right.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

PlaneMan
    @planeman

No further updates on the app or website. If it’s not waiting for me when I get home I may explode.

My Instagram

My YouTube

PlaneMan
    @planeman

Just got of the phone with them and the parcel is now officially missing.

They have to search 2 different hubs, international arrivals and Hinkley.

It hasn’t been seen since 3 am on the 3rd and their systems haven’t raised any flags which I find ludicrous in this age.

My Instagram

My YouTube

PlaneMan
    @planeman

Just got of the phone with DPD again!

I’ve been busy with my brother and his kids on a visit since Friday so no chance to get in touch with them until just now.

No contact from them over the weekend, despite what was promised on the phone Thursday.

This time I was told that the sender has to request help, not the receiver, a search was requested but nothing’s been done. Totally different from what I was told on Thursday.

Im currently waiting for a call back from a manager.

I can honestly say that I’ve not encountered a problem with a delivery like this for about 5 years, that was Yodel who used to be really shoddy around here. Even that was sorted way quicker than this.

My Instagram

My YouTube

PlaneMan
    @planeman

Finally had a call back from a manager. They have no idea what’s happened to the parcel.

It was also let slip that the tracking system they use is isn’t what you might expect. Before the parcel is on a van and out for delivery the tracking has nothing to do with where the parcel actually is, it’s where the parcel is expected to be (OFC when it’s scanned it’s actually at that location). This explains why the app and website were reporting that my parcel was in Cardiff when it had never left the Hinckley depot. When the system fails it does so spectacularly.

Luckily for me the seller was superb and had already sent another item via UPS which arrived yesterday with no issues.

My Instagram

My YouTube

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 1,559

It’s a good job they don’t have many issues then!

Glad it’s all worked out for you. 👍

PlaneMan
    @planeman

Had yet another call and they now say that there’s nothing else they can do and the seller has to start a claim.

When I asked if the parcel had been stolen the woman tried to steer the conversation to how to claim. Hmmm.

I’m just glad I don’t have to deal with the problem anymore but I do feel for the seller which might have a long claim process ahead of them.

My Instagram

My YouTube

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love