Forumite

Drunken new build??‍♂️

HOME Forums Tech PC Talk Drunken new build??‍♂️

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Dave Rice 9 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

isdarit
    Participant
    @isdarit

Having a drink on Saturday night and Browsing for holiday when lightbulb moment “  i know I ‘ll build a pc”??‍♂️ Haven’t been near the inside of a  puter for years?.  I’ve ordered a Z370 mobo. I3  8100 was toying with a z390 and i5 but I could here  Dave rice saying it’s overkill and I started thinking of the 43 special  hence the i3 ( see what I done there)???‍♂️ (I don’t know why I hear Dave rice when I’m drunk it used to be Jason until one night I was in a kebab shop and I could hear him telling me to get red hot chilli??.  ) back to my order I’ve ordered 16gig of ram  and because I never got the i5 and 390 mono I’ve ordered one of the m2 things. ??. Hope it all works be prepared for me bombarding you all with probs and questions

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 5,655

Dangerous game being drunk enough to order things online but not drunk enough to forget your banking details!!!.

I’ve never done that though…. ?

Hope it works out.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 3,753

That should fly – especially with the M2!!

Was it an overdue update or a “What the Hell” moment……………. or a combination of both!!

Good luck with the build.?

isdarit
    Participant
    @isdarit
    Forumite Points: 190

I’ll be happy if it just works . Bit overdue Jaycee  ( didn’t realise I’d done it until I checked my emails today???‍♂️) so probably bit of both

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 3,819

Well the i3 now is what the i5 used to be, 4 cores 4 threads. It’ll go like stink.

16GB? Yeah it’s too much but I did it too.

M2 SSDs are it now as far as I’m concerned. Even the cheap Athlon 200GE PCs boot in seconds with one and run very nicely indeed. If they’re as reliable as they should be a PC could last a decade, so going a bit OTT makes some sense. Not so much for the raw performance but the extras the CPUs support and things like having the most up to date versions of things like pci-e to take forward.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!