Forumite General Topics Tech PC Talk Dual Layer (8GB) CD/DVD Writer

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    johnbarry
    Participant
      @johnbarry

Sadly I didn’t use, so I forgot

A little off topic Bob, where are the other univere’s we should see.

Cheers
      John

The Duke
      Participant
        @sgb101

I don’t recall the name zip disk, but after a Google, they look similar to the disk drives my Amega 500 used. Though iirc they was a little more square, like a “normal”  3.5 disks. Though I’m thinking back about 25 years. Eek!

Ed P
        Participant
          @edps

The Jaz was its bigger brother and although it was an hdd Iomega gave that one crappy firmware as well! Not surprising that Iomega’s share price cratered soon after.

JayCeeDee
          Participant
            @jayceedee

They were absolutely in the right place at the right time with the right product, with the chance to become the universal “go-to” product for portable file storage/management ( for that time ).

It just goes to show what can happen if you don’t get the quality right.

Bob Williams
            Participant
              @bullstuff2

JB – look for the other Universes on the other side of a Black Hole:

http://tinyurl.com/7n7h3r4

The quote in my Sig is from a great SF author, Philip K. Dick. I read a lot of his books, growing up.

JayCeeDee, spot on! They were meant to replace the floppy with a lot more capacity, and also the CD, but poor quality leading to data loss meant that users were losing confidence in them. When the DVD came along, that was the final nail.

I can still remember installing Windows 95 with 23 $$***!!!???***! floppies. Anyone else so afflicted? I still have a True Type Fonts floppy, still worked last time I tried it!

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
              I'm out.

johnbarry
              Participant
                @johnbarry

Cheers Bob

I learn something new every day.

Cheers
                John

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shopping cart

image/svg+xml

No products in the cart.

Continue Shopping
              Forumite