Other Stuff Ebay Charity

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Bob Williams 2 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 312 times

Viewing 2 posts - 10 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Drezha
    Participant
    • Total Posts 313
    • @drezha
      Forumite Coins: 105

I’d have to look through my previous eBay records but I don’t think I’ve ever done a 100% sale, so I was always expecting charges to my account. I usually put 10% towards the RAFBF whenever I sell.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1421
    • @bullstuff2
      Forumite Coins: 315

Looking back at myself in teen years, I was just trying to get away from home and a one-job village. I was raised, as most of my generation, on a diet of British and Hollywood films about war and how glorious it was. Then the ads told us all about foreign places and I was sold. On reflection, I would say that actual military active service was about 95% boredom and 5% pants-filling fear. When one of your mates is killed or injured, you don’t think “I’m going to GET them!” as in the books and movies. You just think, for one split second, “Glad it’s him and not me!” and try to put a round or two in the ones trying to do that to you and all your other mates.

Then you try to help, if you can. The uniform looks better without holes in it.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

Viewing 2 posts - 10 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members Currently Active: 1
PlaneMan
Keymaster | Moderator | Participant | Spectator | Blocked
Additional Forum Statistics
Threads: 985, Posts: 12,361, Members: 135
Welcome to our newest member, LostSoul
Most users ever online was 11 on June 5, 2017 1:36 pm