Forumite

EE contract

HOME Forums Finance and Money Scams EE contract

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    EE contract 2Mark Turner
    @turner74

My eldest and his misses have a contract with EE. Both have P30 lites his misses phone works fine full signal in the house 4g access my lads phone you can very rarely get through to straight to answer phone (he can’t phone out) he can’t use his data so has to hot spot of his other halfs he has been in contact with EE who have said it must be a problem with his sim tray but won’t do anything about it. He contacted Huawei who told him it wasn’t a sim tray problem as the phone was registering on the EE network so he needs to take it up with them. Long story short EE keep fobbing him off I’ve told him to return the phone and cancel the contract as they are not providing the service he signed up for and is paying for as the contract is with them it is down to them to sort the problem. Am I right on this one?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    EE contract 3Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,276

Sounds like it is ‘not fit for purpose’, which is a legitimate claim and in this case a contract break point.

link

Participant
    EE contract 3Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,276

This edit did not work, I wanted to add that he could try escalating to the Customer Services Manager who is probably working from home, and if that does not work try Resolver

Participant
    EE contract 2Mark Turner
    @turner74
    Forumite Points: 574

Thanks Ed

Sorry for the late reply I haven’t been online for nearly 2 weeks been self isolating in the caravan on the drive as one of the lads at work was off with suspected cv. The misses is a key worker so I thought it would be safer to stay out of the way. I will let him know what you have said and see how he gets on.

Thanks

Mark

Participant
    EE contract 6Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 12,988

Good luck Mark, stay safe and the same to your family.

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
    I'm out.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.