Forumite

Epic Games password reset

HOME Forums Tech Security Talk Epic Games password reset

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Tippon
    @tippon

I had an email from Epic Games over the weekend telling me to reset my password as they’ve been notified that someone else’s service has been hacked and my email address is on the list. I thought I’d share it in case anyone else is affected. The text of the email is here:

‘As part of our routine monitoring, we discovered a list of email addresses and passwords posted online. While the list is not related to Epic Games, your email address is on the list. Since many people reuse their passwords on multiple websites, we are resetting your Epic account password as a precautionary measure. You can read this article to learn more.

You are also receiving an automated password reset notification from us. Please follow the instructions for resetting your Epic password.

We encourage you to use a new password that is unique to your Epic account, to not share passwords across accounts and to use strong passwords in combination with a password manager. Also, please consider changing any passwords that you share across multiple services as a general best practice.

Please visit http://help.epicgames.com/ if you need any assistance with your account. Thanks for helping us keep your information secure.’

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 11,204

I got one of mojang saying they had been even breeched and I much reset my pw.

Just incase anyone missed that. It’s time to change your pw. And change any other accounts that you have the share the same email pw. Even though you shouldn’t do that, I know we all do.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support Forumite

Choose between a one off contribution or a subscription. 

It only Takes a Minute or two.
Lets Go!
close-link