Epson Workforce WF-2750 printer

HOME Forums Tech PC Talk Epson Workforce WF-2750 printer

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Bob Williams 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

dwynnehugh
    Participant
    @dwynnehugh

A couple of years ago I purchased the above printer and it had been a great unit – have attached a CISS etc  – I occasionally need to print off > 100 pages of text and this little printer does the job brilliantly and is very quick with excellent print quality as well.

Saw an identical ‘new one’ advertised on my local FB community – so I bought it – mainly as a second printer but if No. 1 dies I was hoping to tfr the CISS etc across and back to square 1.

This morning I removed the data cable from my original 2750 and attached it to the ‘new 2750’ but my PC tells me there is a communication error and appears to be looking for the old printer.

How is it possible for me to attach 2 identical printers (well model numbers at least – I do accept that the PC may see them as 2 separate printers – is it a case of attaching the new one and loading the supplied drivers?

Thanks in advance.  Dave

The more you meet people the more you understand why Noah took animals instead of humans

Spread the love
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

dwynnehugh
    Participant
    @dwynnehugh
    Forumite Points: 887

I think I may now have resolved the matter, my PC eventually ‘saw’ the new printer as ‘Copy 1’ and I have now renamed both to ‘old’ & ‘new’ – they seem to work.

Thanks, Dave

The more you meet people the more you understand why Noah took animals instead of humans

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 2,266

I take it that’s a USB cable? I’d go the WiFi route, they will have different MAC addresses and will get different IP addresses (if you can make them fixed so much the better).

You will then be able to access the printers Web Config Utility (browser to the IP address) and if necessary give them different network identities too – it’ll just be a text label, may be “printer name”. Windows seems to use those identities to set up it’s printer port, I usually override that with the IP address though, so do that first before getting Windows to find them.

You should then end up with two unique printers and Windows will automatically go to the one that’s available.

EDIT looks like you’ve now resolved it.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Dave Rice.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 3,306

Yes but +1 for WiFi printers. I am still marvelling at my Canon TS6150 and the ability to print from 2 phones, a tablet and 2 PC’s. Using PrintDirect it cuts out the router and goes straight from device to printer. I could have done with that tech advance when I was designing and printing for a living!

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

dwynnehugh
    Participant
    @dwynnehugh
    Forumite Points: 887

Dave – please when you reply to my posts – PLEASE speak English!!!  You lost me v quickly!!  Many thanks though.🙄🙄🙄🙄😀

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by dwynnehugh.

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 2,266

LOL. Printing via the network quickly gives you a way to make a printer unique by its very nature, an IP address.

Network printer will have an internal Web server which allows you to log into the printer and directly alter settings you can’t via USB.

You could name one Arthur and other Merlin, making it even easier to distinguish them.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 3,306

+1 – My Canon has its own IP on the network: after setting it up in PrintDirect, I checked for that in the router Webpage.

Sometimes I really know what I’m doing!

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love