Forumite

EUFI criteria

HOME Forums Tech Windows Talk EUFI criteria

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    keith with the teef
    @thinktank

So got me some fancy bios for my B450 board. But for said functionality to work from new bios windows must be installed pure EUFI not csm.

To cut it short yesterday I went for the pure EUFI install to find all SATA connected devices spat out there dummy.

Circle of death.

I went into bios settings to set security to nil and flashed my Rom drive to latest 2014 but tot no avail.

Does anyone know of a good read that will point you in the right direction for kit /security that will allow for pure EUFI for W10pro

Like the new consoles? Being ironic there! :wacko:

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 17,429

Don’t you just disable legacy mode prior to setting up your boot SSD? My Asus ROG mobo had more documentation than I needed (now a bit dated but should still work with modifications). link, so I suggest that you search the web pages for your mobo manufacturer.

Participant
    keith with the teef
    @thinktank
    Forumite Points: 3,144

I  have found a guide. Not to sure about it at the mo, some stuff does not add up.

But in my bios you have eufi and eufi csm the later being a type of eufi with legacy support a windows 7 eufi then?

My media pc is full eufi as SSD and modern blu ray drive.

I guess my current problem has something to do with how old some of my Sata connected hardware is.

I will look at this again. easy process of elimination.

Participant
    Wheels-Of-Fire
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 6,522

You said you updated the BIOS so make sure your SATA settings are AHCI as some new BIOS’s still insist on defaulting to IDE. Windows just will not work in UEFI mode with IDE drive settings.

Participant
    keith with the teef
    @thinktank

Ty for the heads up on IDE but my mobo does not support it. Anyway I sused it. It was my aging rom drive.

I’m gonna stick with eufi/csm for the time being as I will only be getting the AMD 6700 if it kicks x2 of my 1070. When they release it of course.

Right, back to prating about.

Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 9,804

AFAIK I’ve not knowingly used CSM for a long time. I leave most UEFI settings on default these days and it all just works.

The only things I play with are enabling TPM chips and Wake-on-LAN or the boot order. Sometimes I’ll set the fan profile, usually to as silent as I can but on a big PC case that’s just not needed with modern fans.

But that’s about it. I remember the days of tinkering and it never seemed to alter any benchmarks.

Participant
    keith with the teef
    @thinktank

So yeah. In the rewrite all should have been a clean install and it was. Well I know M$ kept tabs on my fav web sites. But pass words. I’m going on to all my important sites and Login details just load. Damn I did not know that. But I’m good with it? I Guess its just like logging into everything via face book and I’m not good with that. So? Hypocrite. :yahoo:

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.