Flickering screen

HOME Forums Tech PC Talk Flickering screen

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Jukebox 6 days, 7 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jukebox
    Participant
    @jukebox

I recently treated myself to a new Philips monitor which has HDMI and VGA inputs. One of my preferred photo editors is Photoscape 3.7 as it is quite easy to use and has a good clone tool. However when in edit mode the screen starts to flicker after a minute or two which gradually gets worse and makes the thing unusable. If I switch to ‘Viewer’ mode the flickering stops immediately but starts again when switching back to edit. This occurs whether I use the HDMI or VGA inputs and it doesn’t happen with the old monitor. It doesn’t do it on any other program I’ve tried nor if I use the later PhotoscapeX (which unfortunately doesn’t have a clone tool unless you pay for the professional version). I’ve tried varying the refresh rate but that didn’t help. Any ideas?

Spread the love
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 2,285

You could try Philips troubleshooter, and check all monitor cable connections are tight. If these do not work then RTM asap.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Ed P.

keith with the teef
    Participant
    @thinktank
    Forumite Points: 259

Hmm there is a small chance that photo 3.7 is changing the refresh rate.

Install fraps to finfd out.

Jukebox
    Participant
    @jukebox
    Forumite Points: 344

Sorted! Changing the Gamma setting on the monitor from 2.2 to 2.4 removed the problem. Bit of a mystery!

Thank you both for your suggestions.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love