Forumite

Flight 421 & 1549

HOME Forums Travel and Holidays Transport Flight 421 & 1549

• Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree

2 planes land on a river. 421 before 1549. From what I can see the Indonesian captain had the more difficult of tasks landing between two bridges. So why is the Hudson landing more noted than the Indonesian one. Is it “And I am sure I know the answer” that the Americans have much more theatrical,  drama, hero, bullshite to pull off “mine is bigger than yours”? Even though DC’s and bowings are built by them! granted, maintainece is often done outside these companies but generally, everything comes back to a design flaw in the first place.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 9,804

Because Hollywood pays for American heroes. If they made a film of Flight 421 they would have to get an American in there somewhere.

The pilots and flight attendants were awarded the Master’s Medal of the Guild of Air Pilots and Air Navigators in recognition of their “heroic and unique aviation achievement” despite being 7 years after 421. The rescue was more film worthy too, a bunch of villagers is not as dramatic as the Hudson ferry.

421 was never going to sink but the pilots actions saved a lot of lives and injuries just the same as 1549.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.