Following the Money………

HOME Forums Other Stuff Following the Money………

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by The VFM Addict 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

The VFM Addict
    Participant
    @thevfmaddict

I’ve often said before that I keep a live eye on UK exchange rates versus the USD and Euro.    Very sudden significant movements usually indicate that something  newsworthy has happened or is about to happen.      Today just after 12pm the pound suddenly started to surge putting on around half a cent versus both the USD and Euro in less than an hour and the trend seems to be continuing when previously it had been very much the reverse.      Can’t as yet work out what the cause was.    It surely can’t just be excitement in the markets at the news that Jamie Oliver restaurants will be closing………………LOL

EDIT – Within seconds of posting I think I’ve got it.    It seems that May’s new ‘Bold WA Offer’ includes add-ons to overcome Labour fears that the new Tory Leaders would renege on any deal reached with them.   In brief the add-ons include most of the things Labour wanted during the bilateral negotiations and lock the new Leader into both them and even more firmly into the BackStop.   So the Customs Union Labour wanted could pretty much be imposed on us by the EU and therefore May can still claim that SHE didn’t go back on her red-line by committing to a CU.    All in all a truly superb and classical Machiavellian move by her.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Here's hoping the Mad Tangerine of the West and the Mad Monk of the East stay friends or we're all in trouble

Spread the love
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 3,765

I’m disappointed – I thought this post was all about the identity of the rumoured off-shore PayPal donors to Farage’s election fund!

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 3,483

VFM:

You do not post on the Brexit Thread pages now due to a lack of interest by others in your often specious arguments and often unsupported ‘facts’. So you sneak it all in here under “Other Stuff”. Your points concerning the strength of the £ are hereby destroyed:

http://tinyurl.com/y5sq7q76

Add to that the looming tragedy of British Steel and Ford’s proposed job losses:

http://tinyurl.com/y5eeddex

Many other companies will follow. Not so rosy now, is it? I won’t be returning to this, so save your comments.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

The VFM Addict
    Participant
    @thevfmaddict
    Forumite Points: 900

Frankly, Bob, the post had nothing to do with Brexit when posted.  It was by chance that the solution had its seems something to do with it.     I’d have been just as interested in what caused the hour’s trend reversal if it had been a new discovery of oil in the waters around the Isle of Wight or Gold in Guildford.   Likewise I’ll be looking at live sterling fluctuations long after Brexit is settled because I’ve always found they are a great indicator that there’s real news about somewhere.   It was the sharp hour blip that interested me.

Don’t go looking for reds under the bed, Bob, when there are none.    I promise you matey that if there  is something worth posting on the Brexit thread I’ll post it there.    BTW did your Gran teach you remote viewing?    Because Given that you pledged that you would never to visit that thread again recommending that others did likewise how could you even know I haven’t posted there for a couple of days…………😂………..that’s a self inflicted GOTCHA if ever I saw one…………..😂   Feel free to do a face palm, Bob.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Here's hoping the Mad Tangerine of the West and the Mad Monk of the East stay friends or we're all in trouble

The VFM Addict
    Participant
    @thevfmaddict

I’m disappointed – I thought this post was all about the identity of the rumoured off-shore PayPal donors to Farage’s election fund!

Yep, shame the electoral commission could find no evidence of dodgy donations when they raided the Brexit Party offices today.   Its killed off a topic for debate.   But then again when you are charging entrance fees for must rally venues you don’t need dodgy funding.    They pay for themselves.   Big one at London’s Olympia tomorrow night and that is a big venue.  All sold out at £2.50 a head.

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 2,389

I suggest the best thing we can do is just ignore the hot air, deliberately inflammatory statements and personal comments emanating from a certain direction.

The Brexit thread shows that starved of attention all he does is pop up elsewhere to spread the right wing propaganda of whoever is shouting the loudest in the bubble he inhabits.

Unfortunately like dealing with the pub bore we are a captive audience to be hectored. Well I’m moving to the other end of the bar but I’ll be damned if I’ll change pubs. I’ve been here a long time and I quite like (most of) it.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 3,765

Anonymous CIA Paypal donations leave no traces of their origin.

The VFM Addict
    Participant
    @thevfmaddict

I feel I must respond to Dave’s quite blatant personal attack on me.    I made quite clear that when I started this thread that I was interested in what had caused the sudden hour’s rise in sterling.   In no manner could I have been spreading pro-Brexit propaganda given that I had linked to a site where the daily, weekly and monthly performance of sterling versus the USD and Euro can be viewed.   The trend is plainly down so why, if I was promoting Brexit propaganda, would I ever have provided such a link.     All I was interested in was what caused the sudden hour’s surge.   That it then turned out to in all probability to have been May’s offer I did not know when I initially started this thread.

What ensued next was two direct personal attacks on me; one from Bob and then one later from Dave.   I had personally attacked neither of them such as to justify their personal attacks.   It’s a short thread go re-read it.    I stand on that clear evidence.

I take no offence at, Ed’s posts.   He unlike Dave and Bob, played what he perceived to be the ball and not the man.    Ed’s words were hard but legitimate tackles and not patent red card fouls like Dave and Bob who clearly played the man and not the ball.

I note that in the Brexit thread Dave apologised to Duke, but here he goes again launching unprovoked personal attacks.   Which begs the question whether his apology to Duke was genuine.

@Ed,

Ed, you are right that donations under £500 do not need to be traceable.   They could be from anyone.   The Brexit party has not specifically requested that donors keep their donations under £500 in order that they cannot be traced.   Other campaigns, such as the People’s Vote Campaign, have explicitly requested and forced donors to keep donations at or below £499 so that they do not need to identify where their donations come from.   See here.    I accept your inference that the CIA could be funding the Brexit Party with sub-£500 donations but equally so could Soros or other pro-EU foreign nationals be funding pro-Remain organisations, could they not?

I would note one that the Brexit Party has been charging entrance fees to its rally venues which obviously covers venue costs.   Plus, registered Brexit Party supporters pay £25 which is far more than the membership fee of the Labour Party so it is not hard to see where the Brexit Party funding comes from.   It truly is a party funded by those who believe in it.    One might say truly that most Brexit Party supporters ‘have skin in the game’ and put their money where their mouths are.   I do wonder how many Remainers have donated £25 to support what they believe in.     I suspect very few.

I am all in all somewhat angered that other peeps have dragged this thread down the Brexit route when it was not started with Brexit in mind.   And then, having dragged the thread in such direction those peeps then felt entitled to launch into unprovoked personal attacks.   Such has no more validity than were I to accuse Dave of spreading Remain propaganda next time he mentions German or French beers.    Its utter nonsense.

For heavens sake, Bob and Dave, everything in this world is not about Brexit even though you seem to believe it to be.   When I want to say something about Brexit it will be in that thread.   I have no need to use other threads as a proxy and have never sought to do so.    Please do not drag other threads in a direction which is different from their intended direction, such that you can somehow justify to yourselves entirely unprovoked attacks by you on others.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love