Forumite

Food and Shopping List For Linux

HOME Forums Tech Linux Talk Food and Shopping List For Linux

• Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    Food and Shopping List For Linux 2RSB
    @bdthree

I am trying to find something for linux where I can input what I have food and other stuff from cupboards, fridge etc… and mark of as I use it. The idea is so I do not have to pull everything out and count it every time I have to do a shop. I do not want to be using spreadsheets!

Any Ideas?

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Food and Shopping List For Linux 3Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,256

Keep it simple (never try and computerise something without a very good idea of what you want)

A magnetic white board at each location.

Write down commodity and number, amend the number as you take in or out. A wood-working man of your calibre should be able to make an attractive but functional addition to your kitchen fixtures.

Glue high power neodymium magnets to hold the white board. This company has a very attractive range of strong magnets (some can easily hold a large hammer).

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Food and Shopping List For Linux 4Ed P.
    Keymaster
    Food and Shopping List For Linux 2RSB
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 7,287

Thanks Ed, sounds about right. I’ll look into it.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Participant
    Food and Shopping List For Linux 6Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 8,327

Out if interest I looked at some threads on this elsewhere. Hilarious. People talking about cameras strapped to shelves and bar codes needing to be orientated so they can be scanned when removed / inserted on shelves. The usual over engineering.

I once tried keeping a list of my spares box / cupboard, total waste of time. The effort of keeping it up was worse than just eyeballing the contents when needed. I have a reasonable idea what’s in there and that’s proved good enough. But as Boris has found out, sometimes I need a day or two 😊

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.