Forumite

Forumite Donations

HOME Forums Other Stuff Forumite Donations

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Bob Williams 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

Hello. First of all, thanks for all the donations. It has been much appriciated. This year has been a living hell and continues to be so. I will not say to much about it at the moment but the word solicitors, wills and vultures should give some clue’s. At the moment I am fighting to even keep a roof over my and the cat’s head and at the same time trying to avoid council housing. Without the donations there is no way on earth I could of kept forumite going. Anyhow, I am at the same time trying to get everything in order and one of those thing’s is giving Forumite it’s own PayPal account, seperating it from my other accounts.

This will mean I need to cancel all paypal subscriptions and reconfigure the donation button. I will move the donation button to the top right for the time being.

Hopefully all will be well with the world again in the next month or so or maybe atleast I will know where I stand with everything home wise.

Anyhow, Thanks in advance.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 4,636

Please let us know when you take action. Tx

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 1,762

I have already cancled all subscriptions and changed the donation paypal address. Thanks again.

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 2,904

Good luck Lee.

Don’t let the bastards grind you down.

My Instagram

My YouTube

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

I reckon they have already done that 🙁 None the less I’ll keep at them. I can say for sure that things will start coming to head by the end of the week.

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 2,904

If you let them think they are above you, then they are.

Stand up for yourself and the cats. It’s hard but worthwhile. ?

My Instagram

My YouTube

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 1,952

Have a fiver. Dont spend it all at once ?

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

Fiver.com here I come 🙂

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 4,636

Done.

MATTHEW
    Participant
    @matthew
    Forumite Points: 363

Have changed paypal details. Good luck with everthing.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 3,965

Repeated my contribution Lee, hope you get through all this s**tstorm with your home and sanity in one piece. Best of luck mate, I went through something similar with my dad’s passing and my mum 7 months later. I know you feel like there is no end to the krap flying at you, but believe me it does end. I had just met my missus and was about to be evicted from parent’s flat by a Council Jobsworth. Know how it feels.

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

wasbit
    Participant
    @wasbit
    Forumite Points: 512

Had a bit of luck tonight & won £100 in a pub draw so bunged you an extra tenner.

You need it more than I do.

--
    Regards
    wasbit

Rig 1: Zalman Media Centre Rebuild (i3-540)
    Rig 2: Hp Elitebook 8440P (The Dave Laptop Special)
    The Dave Special & The 43 Special are still giving sterling service with new owners

Dear Starfleet, hate you, hate the Federation, taking Voyager. - Janeway

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

Thanks all, Much Appriciated. It will keep this place going for a couple of month untill things return to some normality.

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 2,014

I know all about it, I once was helped with donations, so I give a bit back.

On another note 25 to 30 years ago, I owned my own house and lost it. I did end up in council property and still am.

Cheers
    John

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 3,965

Similar story to ours, John. By 1992 we were buying our own place in the Notts village where I grew up. We spent a lot of money on the place, but by 1999 I was registered disabled, missus had an Op go wrong and was also disabled. My smashing in laws kept us afloat until we could come here to a large, lovely “permanent” privately rented bungalow in Louth. The landlord had told us we could stay there “permanently”. He neglected to tell us that it had been left to himself and his son by his own father the original homeowner, on the condition that his son, when 18, would have the choice of splitting the rent, or taking half the sale price. The landlord said we had 3 months to stay, then find somewhere else. I told him that needed to be in writing and he did that, then this wealthy guy went off on a 3 week diving holiday off Venezuela with wife and son. While he was away the local Council saw the letter he wrote and gave us this bungalow. I put the keys through his door and told him to whistle for that month’s rent. He was not amused but we did not give a damn.

What we took from all that, was that there are people like my in laws and people like that private landlord*. I have always hoped to be able to tell the difference and I also pay it forward.

*Arrested and convicted for fraud a couple of years ago. Lost his business, his wife and his big house, now lives according to last information, in a bedsit in Grimsby. Son lives in our old bungalow and my old neighbours there detest him and his all night parties, trying to get him evicted.

Now that is Karma!

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.