Forumite

Forumite Problems

HOME Forums Other Stuff Forumite Problems

This topic contains 28 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by The Duke 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

3O ish hours trying to fix the the god damn f************************ thing. All down to a load of left over crap from the very first week the site was built in 2014. I am all shagged out now. 🙁 I have stripped the database back to bare essentials and the search box is also disabled for a day or so. Some faults may appear but I’ll deal with them as I go. I’ll have to clean up every PC in the house as I kept moving from one pc to another and another and there are bit’s of files and databases scattered all of the shop.

I truly and honestly thought it was gone this time for good. It was not just this site, my business site that I have just built also suffered the same. All sorted now though. Hopefully 🙂

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 5,655

Thanks for sorting it out Lee.

I was a bit worried. ?

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 7,573

Thanks Lee – good luck with sorting the remaining bits and pieces.

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 2,136

Yes I was verry worried aswell. I’ll finish of a few things tonight “In the middle of the night” so tommorow forumites may need to clear there cache although DNS will catch up at some point in the morning.

tadka
    Participant
    @tadka
    Forumite Points: 739

Looks nice. Fresh.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 3,753

Cheers, Lee. I was worried at first, then saw the message on the dummy page.

Thanks for getting it back up!!

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 2,880

Nice one Lee

After site not being found it was nice to see your message (yesterday) telling of a temp (today). If this is the temp you worked well over the last 30hrs.

good on ya

It's said to be easy when you know how. If you don't know how, then you need the help of forumites.

Cheers
    John

dwynnehugh
    Participant
    @dwynnehugh
    Forumite Points: 1,525

Lee – thanks for all your hard work.

The more you meet people the more you understand why Noah took animals instead of humans

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

No worries, anyhow like I have said people may need to clear there cache tommorow morning “Maybe”. I am going to finish things off late tonight then I have a few things to do in the morning then I am going to do some serious damage to a bottle of gin monday afternoon/evening. ?

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 3,819

Seems OK, well done.

Alan Wood
    Participant
    @alanrwood
    Forumite Points: 858

We all appreciate the hard work and  time you have spent on our behalf. Many many thanks.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 5,257

Well done Lee. As long as it’s working, give all the rest to your life, home and business. Way I see it, they all have priority over us Forumites. We appreciate the way you took on the task when MM folded and kept all of us together, but we also know that you are having home difficulties and you have a business to run. Good luck with it all.

Hope you have a good hangover cure for Tuesday morning!??

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 2,646

Just to echo what the others have said, thanks for getting the site back up and running and giving us a place to call home 🙂

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

Hope you have a good hangover cure for Tuesday morning!??

No, I’ll be next to useless for two days. 🙂 That’s why I am getting everything sorted before hand.

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

So basicly I am trying to get everything in order now while I have the chance. I am not sure what is going to happen with the house over the next week or so and if I will have enough left over to do something I have been wanting to do for a while now. Internet may be a bit tricky for a couple of week although I do have the smarty unlimited plan. So I’ll be good with that for a while.

Anyhow, the reason the site failed was I started updating the php version. All should of gone to plan. For what ever reason that screwed up some forumite files. It should of been a simple restore of a back-up to fix this but there was issues with the database being extra large due to 1. And old plugin from when the site was built & 2. The search box that is usually there had gone about collecting ever word for it’s search results to work but it had created some huge database entries to do this.

On top of this I have been running the server on Ubuntu 16.04 which is getting a bit tired now and I have never been a big fan of ubuntu server for anything other than my own media server requirments at home. Also the server is still with the frenchies over the channel and I would rather it back in the UK where it belongs.

So tonight I am moving it back over here and this time putting it on Centos which I find more reliable and easier to maintain.

It will all be straight forward this time round ??

TCBarrett
    Participant
    @tcbarrett
    Forumite Points: 272

….

On top of this I have been running the server on Ubuntu 16.04 which is getting a bit tired now and I have never been a big fan of ubuntu server for anything other than my own media server requirments at home.

. So tonight I am moving it back over here and this time putting it on Centos which I find more reliable and easier to maintain. It will all be straight forward this time round ??

Not often you hear things that way round, these days! 🙂

Family. Coffee. CrossFit. WordPress. にほんご。

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

Well it’s back in blighty now. Its not as responsive as I would of expected but I know where the issue lies with that and I’ll sort it bit by bit over the next week or so.

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

Are people having problems posting or is it just quiet?

Chewey
    Participant
    @chewey
    Forumite Points: 76

Test

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 4,228

Been ill this weekend and basically slept, so missed all the excitement.

This is my test post

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 5,257

No problem here, forum is working fine. Wish I was!

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!