Forumite

Forumite Problems

HOME Forums Other Stuff Forumite Problems

This topic contains 28 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by The Duke 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

3O ish hours trying to fix the the god damn f************************ thing. All down to a load of left over crap from the very first week the site was built in 2014. I am all shagged out now. 🙁 I have stripped the database back to bare essentials and the search box is also disabled for a day or so. Some faults may appear but I’ll deal with them as I go. I’ll have to clean up every PC in the house as I kept moving from one pc to another and another and there are bit’s of files and databases scattered all of the shop.

I truly and honestly thought it was gone this time for good. It was not just this site, my business site that I have just built also suffered the same. All sorted now though. Hopefully 🙂

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Viewing 8 replies - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies

dwynnehugh
    Participant
    @dwynnehugh
    Forumite Points: 1,375

As far as I know all is working great with Forumite at the mo, just would also like to add that I do really like the new colour scheme and the clean uncluttered look that there is now. Very much easier to read.

Great work.

PS where’s the DONATE button gone? I used to have a SO for you.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by dwynnehugh.

The more you meet people the more you understand why Noah took animals instead of humans

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 4,562

I second Dwynne’s comment:

As far as I know all is working great with Forumite at the mo, just would also like to add that I do really like the new colour scheme and the clean uncluttered look that there is now. Very much easier to read.

Great work.

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Chewey
    Participant
    @chewey
    Forumite Points: 76

Give over, your making me blush. 😊 😂

The donate button is on the desktop this:

But it broke so ill fix it later.

On smaller screens it’s in the right side bar:

On Mobiles it’s the paypal icon at the bottom of the screen or the right sidebar.

I dont believe any one has a standing order now as I had to reset it all to change paypal address.

Edit: My alter ego is speaking again.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Chewey.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Chewey.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 2,968

PS where’s the DONATE button gone? I used to have a SO for you.

It’s still being dealt with by Lee, I think. In another topic he said we would have to re-do PayPal as he’d taken Forumite donations off his personal PayPal and allocated a PP account to Forumite itself.

As for the button, it’s the Smiley Face on the right hand side of the Blue Bar, but it doesn’t go anywhere currently.

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 3,634

Seems very snappy indeed.

dwynnehugh
    Participant
    @dwynnehugh
    Forumite Points: 1,375

Any chance in the near future there will be the ability to make donations via PP as per the past – it was soooooooo much easier than having to remember to do it!! I’ll do it manually for now – when it’s fixed.

The more you meet people the more you understand why Noah took animals instead of humans

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 1,902

Seems very snappy indeed.

Yes it’s seems a lot faster now and I have not actually done anything really to warant that result.

Any chance in the near future there will be the ability to make donations via PP as per the past – it was soooooooo much easier than having to remember to do it!! I’ll do it manually for now – when it’s fixed.

That is all sorted now sith subscription option enabled.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 3,634

All seems to load quicker 🤷‍♂️

Viewing 8 replies - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!
close-image