Forumite refreshing twice?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Tippon 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon

Just wondering if this is happening for anyone else before I start troubleshooting.

Any link I click on the forum results in the page loading then refreshing a few seconds later. This includes trying to add an attachment, resulting in the reply text disappearing. It only seems to be happening on Chrome on the PC, but not an incognito window. The status bar shows the waiting for forumite.co.uk message a few times, then refreshes once the realtime.wordpress message flashes past (too quickly to read it all)

I’m going to fix it tomorrow, but I thought I’d check first 🙂

Spread the love
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Drezha
    Participant
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 706

Yeah, I remember this popping up previously, but we couldn’t diagnose it. Can’t remember who had the issue.

Alan Wood
    Participant
    @alanrwood
    Forumite Points: 508

It was me who raised this on 2 occasions before. It is still happening and does so on several machines and in different browsers. To be honest it is very annoying as trying to read a post is always interrupted by a refresh together with the side panel coming out and obscuring half the post.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 2,431

No problem on PC or tablet running Firefox, but I have sympathy for those who have this annoying feature.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 1,216

As I can not reproduce it and doesn’t appear to effect every one there is little i can do unless one of those affected as an hour or so to spare to help me diagnose it.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 1,744

Not happening with me on Firefox, yet.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 1,000

On reading this topic first thing today, I couldn’t see what was the problem. I needed to clear my cookies and cache so I CCleaner’d it.

On checking back, after signing back in to everything, I now have the problem:(.

It won’t kill me to suffer it, but might wind me up. A day of running odds and end errands today so I’ll re-check later.

Edit – it happened directly after posting this. It took a second or two to get the page loaded after pressing the submit button, after the refresh, it only took half a second for the page to load on the screen.

Mark Turner
    Participant
    @turner74
    Forumite Points: 188

Just happened to me reading a previous topic. I wasn’t logged in it has only happened the once though.

Tippon
    Keymaster
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 1,368

It’s still happening here on Chrome on Windows 10. I’m about to clear my cookies and restart Chrome. I’ll edit this post once it’s done.

EDIT: It’s partially worked. Some threads refresh while others don’t. This thread didn’t refresh when I opened it, but did when I clicked the edit button.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by Tippon.
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love