Forumite

Freeview Retunes/changes

HOME Forums TV, Film and Music TV Freeview Retunes/changes

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Alan Wood 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

I know there are some still using Freeview, I have it on this desktop. There have been quite a few changes to the Service and even more are planned. This is the link, type in your Postcode and find any applications to your area:

https://www.freeview.co.uk/tvchanges

Please note that Freesat is not included: advice is to leave your box on standby at night and retunes happen automatically whenever.

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 1,878

Thanks Bob – had to get a new aerial fitted not long back after some of the changes to Freeview HD. I rely on freeview and freesat mainly but have me mus sky go a for other stuff – that I rarely watch – and wouldn’t cry it it went away.  I’ll keep an eye on it all mate and see what happens.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 5,284

You’re welcome BL. I left Sky over a year ago now, don’t miss it but am becoming a bit fed up with Freesat, for many of the same reasons I left Sky: too many useless channels and far too many repeats. I am going to Fire TV very soon and may go Licence free altogether eventually. Dealing with Humax emails atm, trying to get them to understand that their cure for losing one tuner (factory reset) means losing saved HD programmes, which cannot be saved. If they find a way for me to record these saved prog’s to an external source, I will pass it on. I don’t think they will do that though.

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Alan Wood
    Participant
    @alanrwood
    Forumite Points: 862

The link does not appear to be working. Is it me???

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 3,792

Linked worked fine originally for me, and still does now.

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 1,878

You’re welcome BL. I left Sky over a year ago now, don’t miss it but am becoming a bit fed up with Freesat, for many of the same reasons I left Sky: too many useless channels and far too many repeats. I am going to Fire TV very soon and may go Licence free altogether eventually. Dealing with Humax emails atm, trying to get them to understand that their cure for losing one tuner (factory reset) means losing saved HD programmes, which cannot be saved. If they find a way for me to record these saved prog’s to an external source, I will pass it on. I don’t think they will do that though.

Yeah there’s not enough free telly to fill the schedules. My STB has FreeSat and FreeView tuners so I get a few more channels to choose from. Also have Sky Go Extra on the Xbox (which was bought as a DVD/Blu-Ray Player) – thanks Mum! That gives us a the lion’s share of Sky but I don’t find myself using it much. I share Netflix account with three others which makes it very cheap (especially if you sign up in Turkey!), and have Amazon courtesy of Prime. I don’t actually watch an awful lot of TV, but the rest of the tribe do and are happy enough with the variety. A lot of people I know are less than impressed with Sky in the “Q” era and have let it go.

Alan Wood
    Participant
    @alanrwood

Thanks

Alan Wood
    Participant
    @alanrwood

OK the link is now working. Cheers,

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!