Funniest book Ever!

HOME Forums Reading, Books and Audio Books Books Funniest book Ever!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Bob Williams 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Eric Idle: “Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life” – “A SORTABIOGRAPHY”

I just finished this. You would expect one of the Pythons to write a funny book, but I read John Cleese’s autobiography and it was disappointingly boring. This was excruciatingly funny. There are books with a laugh now and again, books with a laugh in every chapter. This has a laugh in almost every paragraph, I had to keep stopping to have hysterics. Eric Idle is the single funniest human on the planet, IMO. There are sad moments as he describes the passing of various friends, such as George Harrison, but these are ameliorated by the totally irreverent, P-taking speeches he gives at funerals. I really recommend this book, it really is the funniest I have ever read. There is so much in it also about people he loves, and a bit more about those he does not: he rips those to pieces, but in hilarious style. The number and variety of his friends is astonishing. It was published last year so is almost bang up to date.

He originally told Rolling Stone in early 2018 that he was going to write his posthumous memoirs, but realised that you don’t get paid until far too late!

These are the words he wants on his headstone: “Say No More.” Anyone who watched Python will remember that, nudge nudge, wink wink.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

Spread the love
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 2,209

Bob, that was one of the better, if not the best book reviews I have read. It would almost make an epitaph for the author, you certainly brought them to life with your words.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 3,325

Read it Richard, it will take your mind off your present troubles for a while.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love