Grandson's Posters.

HOME Forums Other Stuff Grandson's Posters.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Bob Williams 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

Didn’t know where to put these: we had these rare Collector’s items professionally framed for our senior grandson at Christmas. They are huge posters, great artwork, but he has only just got around to fixing them on the wall, as his apartment landlord does not allow permanent fixings like nails, screws etc. Eventually we found that Command Strips were the best option:

http://tinyurl.com/y9kbaxfm

We used the Frame Stabiliser strips and Large Picture hanger strips. My phone does not cope well with reflections! First 2 are Battlestar Galactica, 3rd is Rollplay.

His wall is not black: that’s a result of editing/cropping/rotating. Just the wall decorations that an IT professional likes!

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

Spread the love
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 2,087

Bob, yes, those Command Strips are very good for lots of things and easier than the darned nails even when you could use them. Fingers like the fact they do not get clouted!

We have used them on tiled, surfaces (nails need to apply for the job) as well as on ordinary painted plaster.

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 2,012

Used the command strips at mum’s place to put up some canvases that I had done of my better photos. They are really good.

Wilko do their own brand version which is also very good but not quite as good as command strips.

My Instagram

My YouTube

Drezha
    Participant
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 906

Just to be picky, the second one isn’t Battlestar Galatica, it’s Firefly 😉

Reminds me I need to get my picutres up in the office that I got framed. Have the set of three of these that need to go on the wall!

Whilst I’ve got command strips downstairs for some of the decorations, I may end up using them in the office here for these as they are more convinient than the nails. That, and as it’s an outside wall I’d be putting them on, not sure I want to try and nail direct in to brick!

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 3,104

You’re right Chris, it is Firefly. Also corrected by No.1 Gson. Thought you might like this pic of his sister at CCF, she was up for her first flight last week in the elementary trainer, the Tutor. Now wants to be a pilot, or any aircrew.

Tutor:    http://tinyurl.com/yb53ynhn

Gdaughter:

Out of 3 grandkids, 2 boys 2 girls, only one in uniform is youngest Gd! Should have expected it, she has always been a tomboy. Loves football and running, when young she preferred dinosaurs and dragons to dolls, hates pink. Gave up Dance when it clashed with CCF. Just been here with mum, gave her permission to show this pic when I explained your CCF connections. One day I will take her to IWM Hendon.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love