Forumite

Greggs do Valentines day

HOME Forums Food and Drink Going Out Greggs do Valentines day

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by The Duke 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

PlaneMan
    @planeman

Yes, Greggs, purveyors of lard, are doing valentines day at some of their shops.

If you’re a bit skint it’s only £15 for the couple. That includes prosecco.

I think it’s hilarious, how many people are going to get themselves into trouble with this? Link.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 4,745

Lol. Love a pasty, but pastry hates me.

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 4,209

Marvellous. We don’t normally bother with Valentines Day but this might change our minds.

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 2,303

There don’t appear to be many stores participating, none near me or Bristol, but it is an interesting marketing idea.

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 2,315

I love a Greggs – especially the Sausage Rolls – bettered only by Morrisons Lincolnshire ones.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 5,749

I love a Greggs – especially the Sausage Rolls – bettered only by Morrisons Lincolnshire ones.

Yes they’re good BL, but in Louth there is a Curtis bakery, a Lincoln company, which makes the best sausage rolls. Ever. Anywhere. And I am a sozzie roll gourmet. All their stuff is really good, I don’t get my baked goods from anywhere else. Best cheese scones and straws I ever tasted, made with just a hint of mustard that doesn’t taste as if it’s there, but adds something to the flavour. I am physically unable to pass the place without buying something, the aroma drags me in. All fresh-baked on premises, any leftovers go to local homeless. Seriously considering putting my old gardening gear on and lying in a shop doorway….

My Gert stopped making cheese scones after we moved here, couldn’t stand the competition. ??

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 4,745

Told my wife about this and thought it a great idea.

She also said it would make a good party convo to back up how cheap i am. I replied with, we will do the pound bakery next year.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!